•𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞•

CHAPTER 06 - SURPRISE
Song- You're in the wind, I'm in the water 
by Lana Del Ray
~~TARA~~

I woke up to a ringing headache. After last night's party I was so tired that I almost immediately dozed off when I hit my bed. I looked around the room and noticed a figure next to my bed. Estella...

I almost forget she slept here. After the party, Liam decided to drop her off at my place since her parents wouldn't be around and he didn't want her to be alone. He could have taken her to his house. But the last time he did that, his aunt step mother had kicked her out. 

I got up from my bed and took a warm shower relieving my headache and brushed my teeth. I checked my phone getting out of the toilet. I had received a message from Couch Valarie. She was my coach. I wouldn't be wrong to say we had a close bond. 

"Have you received the letter yet?"

I almost forgot about my application form. I quickly ran downstairs in my shorts and t shirt. My mom was in the kitchen. "Good morning" she said as I walked behind her and reached in for a ham sandwich. 

"Did Stella wake up?" she asked.

I wondered how she knew about her being here. "No. How'd you know she's here?" 

"Oh. You guys weren't the quietest and I wasn't sleeping. So I came out when Liam took Stella up to your room. And I'm guessing you were real drunk cause you didn't notice me when went in the kitchen to get water. When Liam came down he saw me and filled me in on everything and about Stella staying." 

"So I'm making breakfast for all of us and since you guys drank so much, I made some hangover soup. Have it before it's cold." she said pointing at two bowls of soup on the dining table. i had the best mom ever. 

I sat down and tried the soup. My throat immediately filled in with the warm taste of the soup. It tasted amazing. I downed half the soup when I remembered about the letter. 

"Hey mom. Did the mail come in?" I asked her finishing up the soup. 

"Yea. This morning. I didn't get time to check it yet." she replied.

I put the now finished bowl in the sink and went to the living room and I saw a bunch of letters on one of the table. 

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. My mom said "Good morning, dear." Stella had woken up. I hurriedly went through the letters when I reached the one I wanted. 'To Ms. Tara Claire Williams'  was written in a cursive writing on the envelope. I held it went to the kitchen where Stella was drinking the soup and mom was having breakfast. 

"I got the letter from Hanses Uni" I told them super excited. My mom clasped a hand over her mouth and said "Oh my god!". Stella screamed "Open it!" 

I carefully opened it and very slowly read the letter. "Dear Ms.Tara Claire Williams, We would like to inform you that your application to Hanses University has been accepted... Yessss!" I yelled out feeling ecstatic. I couldn't believe it. I got in. 

My mom and Stella too screamed happily. There were tears in my moms eyes as she hugged me. After calming down I hastily took out my phone and texted coach telling her I got accepted. Then I received a text message from Nico. 

"How about a lunch at 'La Délite' . I'll pick you up in about an hour." 

"Sounds good." I texted back. I almost forgot about the date we had. And worse I don't even know what to where. Then I remembered I had Stella. "Stella finish your soup quick and come to my room." I said going up to my room. 

After less than 5 minutes she showed up, a huge grin on her face. "What?" she asked. I instantly filled in on everything that happened with Nico at the party. When I finished she had her mouth open. A surprised "Oh My God" came out of her mouth. 

"I know I know. I need your help to pick what to where. I barely have an hour to get ready." I exclaimed and her face lit up. She snapped her fingers, walking towards my wardrobe.

"We're going to go with something simple since it' just the first date. Let's see." I don't want to argue with her but what could possibly make her think we'd have another date. I think this is just a little hang out. Won't be too soon until I find out he's a red flag. 

"I like this button up top and these cargos will do a great combo." she said handing them to me. I rolled my eyes at her and changed my clothes. When I got out of the closet she smiled at me. "Gorgeous." 

Estella has a thing for complimenting me. She claims I'm the most prettiest woman on earth after my mom. I don't know abt the first part but the second, I so agree with. My mom is one the most beautiful women. Her natural beauty is mesmerising. One reason my dad fell in love with her. 

While Estella thought of a nice makeup and and hair style, I checked myself out in the mirror. I liked the fit and how I looked. 

I heard her go "got it." and then grab my shoulders sitting me down in front of the dressing table. She untied my messy bun and worked through my hair like magic. She ended up doing a high ponytail with a few strands braided in the front. Then started with my make up. She went with some basic light makeup with a bit of concealer, powder, mascara and eyeliner. I really liked what she did with my lips. They looked bubbly and glossy. 

Fit Check

I finished my look off with a few bracelets and and bag

I finished my look off with a few bracelets and and bag. Then I wore my favourite brown sneakers to match with the fit. After that me and Stella decided to have some pre-date girl talk, where she gave me tips about what to do on a date what not to. And a list of things you would see in a red flag. 

A few minutes later, my mom knocked on the door and said. "There is a very good looking boy at the door. I think he's here for you." 

I went out and when my mom saw me she looked at me and gasped. "Ohhh... It's a date. No wonder." I smiled at her said bye to both Stella and mom. Then went out where I was greeted by Nico. He took one good look at me up and down. "You look hot." Ohh...

"Thanks. You look nice." and then he gestured towards his Benz. "After you." I walked ahead and kinda expected for him to open the door for me. But my guy didn't even bother. Instead he helped himself and bucked up in the car. Then drove off. Number one on the red flag list ticked.

This was going to be one long ride...

~~ ~~

Chapter six of 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know if any improvements should be done. 

Next chapter is going to about the date and its going to be super saucy. 

AND FYI this is not the main part of the story yet. I'll get there but I just need you guys to be a bit patient with me. It'll start with a few more chapters. Trust me you are going to enjoy it. 

Thank you very much for reading and don't forget to vote. <3