Chapter-8

Hello lovely readers

I tried to post ch-8 earlier because previous chapter was a bit short.

so here it is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 INAYAT POV: -

Glancing at the clock, I realize it's already 6 in the morning. I rise and step out onto the balcony, only to be greeted by the sight of a sweaty Veer jogging in the garden. As if sensing my presence, he looks up and jogs towards my balcony. He stops on the pavement below, looking up at me. "Good morning," he greets. "Good morning," I reply. "Did you sleep well?" he asks. "Yeah," I respond, adding, "You're up early." Before he can respond, Anjali Bua interrupts us, "Veer, the decorators are here." Veer nods and shares a small smile with me before leaving.

As soon as Veer is out of sight, Anjali Bua turns her attention to me. "Why aren't you ready yet? Huh? The whole house is working and look at you who hasn't even showered. My Sana is more punctual than you," she criticizes. What a way to start the morning! Ignoring her harsh words, I retreat into my room.

My thoughts are interrupted by a call from Neha. "Hello," I answer. "Good morning, my beautiful best friend," she greets cheerfully. I chuckle, "Morning, sleeping beauty." She protests playfully, "Hey, I'm not sleeping beauty. See, I'm calling you this early in the morning." I laugh and ask her why she called.

"I called to tell you that I won't be able to come to your engagement tomorrow," she reveals. Surprised and disappointed, I ask her why. She explains that there are no trains available for tomorrow but assures me that she has booked a train for the day after my engagement. Despite her reassurances, I can't help but feel a pang of disappointment.

I suggest asking Veer if he could arrange a taxi for her but she cuts me off, insisting that there's no need and that she will come the day after tomorrow. She tries to lighten the mood with a joke about teleporting if she had superpowers and we both end up laughing.

"Okay, I miss you," I admit softly. "I miss you too," she responds warmly. Seeking reassurance, I ask her to promise to come and she does before ending the call.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is the day of my engagement with Veer. I'm seated in my bedroom, in front of the mirror, as Aisha and Niya help me get ready. Yesterday, I chose to stay in my room, not wanting to face Anjali Bua and Sana.

Anjali Bua's sharp tongue is like a pair of scissors, always ready to cut down others with her words. And if Anjali Bua is a pair of scissors, then Sana is a razor, even sharper and more cutting. I overheard their conversation about me yesterday. I don't know who they were talking to, but their words reached me as I stood on the balcony.