Chapter-22

Hello my lovely readers,

Another update for all of you!!

enjoy reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VEER POV: -

The car comes to a halt in front of the grand Singhania mansion. Inayat is already asleep on my shoulder, her breaths soft and rhythmic. I gently pick her up, careful not to wake her, and make my way towards our bedroom. I lay her down on the bed, tucking her in under the warm blanket.

As I sit there, watching her sleep, my mind wanders back to the conversation we had in the car. Rahul Batra, the man who tried to take my Inayat away from me. The thought sends a shiver down my spine. I clench my fists, vowing to myself, "I will not let that man go unpunished."

I had always thought it was just Mia and Manish. I never suspected Rahul because Manish had publicly disowned him. But in the end, blood is thicker than water.

Inayat had told me that Rahul was the son of her dad's brother, but I knew Rahul as the son of Manish Batra. I had thought that this father-son duo was different from each other. Rahul always stayed away from his dad's business, unlike Mia, who was being groomed to become the CEO of Batra Industries. But now, everything was starting to make sense.

So, this brother-sister duo had planned everything under their father's commands. This meant that Manish Batra was Inayat's Chachu (Dad's brother), and Mia was her sister, just as Rahul was her brother. I needed to meet Sameer tomorrow and plan everything out. If Rahul was here, he must be planning something, and he probably thought Inayat still didn't remember anything. It was time to show the Batra's their real place.

After freshening up, I head back into the bedroom and text Sameer to meet me tomorrow at my office with the police inspector. Then, I slide into bed beside my angel, pulling her close. She snuggles into me, and I plant a soft kiss on her forehead.

I'm awakened by the feeling of something wet on my face. "Close the tap," I mumble sleepily. "It's not a tap, it's my hair," a sweet, angelic voice replies. I open my eyes to find Inayat standing near the bed, dressed in a beautiful beige outfit, her hair still wet from the shower. "You look beautiful," I say, a smile playing on my lips. "I know," she retorts with a smirk. "Oh really, I see you're not that shy Inayat anymore," I tease, pulling her towards me. She lands directly on my chest, gasping in surprise. Her eyes widen, and a blush creeps up her cheeks, probably because I'm not wearing a shirt.

"I-I'm sorry," she stammers, looking away. "I didn't mean to..." I cut her off with a tender kiss, savoring the taste of her lips. "It's okay," I whisper, my hand running through her hair. "I like it when you're...you." She sighs softly, relaxing against me. "I didn't want to wake you," she says, "but I couldn't sleep anymore." I wrap my arms around her, pulling her closer. "You can sleep with me," I murmur, kissing the top of her head. "We'll sleep together."She nestles deeper into my embrace, her body warm and supple against mine. I can feel the tips of her breasts pressing against my chest, and I shiver with desire. I nuzzle my face into her hair, inhaling her sweet, familiar scent.