𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬

"𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞"

THE YOUNG DRAGON sits behind her sister on her white horse, Jorah Mormont walking alongside them. The Dothraki and the Targaryen siblings, along with Jorah, had left Pentos and were heading East. During this journey, Daenerys taught Maelys some of the Dothraki language, which Maelys was grateful for considering she knew nothing before this trip.

Now, however, the two sisters ride in silence, Jorah Mormont at their side as he had been for this whole journey. Maelys was curious about the man, but she was too scared to ask him any questions in case any could offend the man by accident.

"You need to drink, child," Jorah speaks up, his attention on Daenerys but the words also directed towards Maelys. "And eat." This time, Jorah was looking at Maelys and Daenerys both, making it clear this was meant for the both of them.

"Isn't there anything else?" Daenerys refers to the fact Jorah is currently offering the two Targaryen girls horse meat.

"The Dothraki have two things in abundance: grass and horses," Jorah states, still holding out the horse meat in Daenerys' direction. "People can't live on grass." He comments.

"In the Shadow Lands beyond Asshai, they say there are fields of ghost grass with stalks as pale as milk that glow in the night." He starts again after neither Daenerys nor Maelys speak to him or take the food from him. "It murders all other grass. The Dothraki believe that one day it will cover everything. That's the way the world will end" He pauses for a moment before his attention moves purely to Daenerys. "It'll get easier."

★☆★

THE WHITE MARE WITH THE TWO TARGARYEN SISTERS ON ITS BACK STOPS, and the two equally exhausted girls drop down from the horse, Jorah grabbing Maelys at her mid-section and helping her down as Daenerys gets off by herself. Maelys is a bit embarrassed, but she knows she needed help whether she wanted to admit it aloud or not, so she quietly thanks Jorah as he lets her go once her feet hit the ground.

"Khalessi!" Two girls who look to be about the same age as Daenerys, maybe a bit younger, rush over to her, the girl who spoke grabs Daenerys' wrists in her hands and turns over her hands to see her palms.

"Your hands!" The other girl exclaims, and the two quickly escort Daenerys away from Maelys, leaving the young girl alone with Jorah and Viserys, who had been glaring at her every chance he got after Illyrio gifted her the dragon egg and gave him nothing.

"Go on, Khalakki." Jorah gestures for Maelys to follow her sister and the two other girls.

"Khalakki?"Maelys furrows her eyebrows curiously, not moving from her spot until Jorah tells her what the word means. She assumes it's Dothraki, but Daenerys hadn't taught her that word on their trip.

"Princess." Jorah smiles gently at Maelys. "If what Illyrio said is true, and you are like Daenerys' daughter, and she is the queen, that makes you a princess." He explains, and Maelys gives him a small smile.

"Leave us," Viserys interjects, his tone harsh and cold as he speaks to his little sister, the exact opposite of the warm and friendly tone Jorah had used with Maelys since they had met, which causes her smile to form into a small frown.

"Go, Khalakki," Jorah speaks softly to Maelys, nodding for her to go to Daenerys, and Maelys smiles at Jorah once more before she runs off in the direction her sister went.

★☆★

INSIDE DAENERYS' TENT, Maelys finds her and the two girls who had rushed her inside the second her feet hit the ground. Maelys sees her sister sitting on her bed, and she sits next to Daenerys silently. The two girls bow their head at Daenerys and Maelys as if they were royalty, which Maelys supposes they are, as Daenerys waves them away before the two leave the tent, leaving Daenerys and Maelys alone on the bed, side-by-side.

"Is Jorah just trying to flatter me when he calls me Khalakki?" Maelys asks after another few minutes of comfortable silence between the two sisters.

"No," Daenerys shakes her head at her little sister and smiles at her. "I have always seen you as my daughter. Since you were born and our mother passed away giving birth to you." Daenerys confirms what Illyrio had said earlier. Daenerys' words surprise Maelys a bit, but what surprises her, even more, is that she realizes she's always seen Daenerys as more of a mother than a sister. "And now I am a queen. A Khaleesi." Daenerys turns and looks at her sister beside her. "And that, in turn, makes you a princess. A Khalakki, as Jorah had said."

Maelys stays silent, unable to hide her smile, not sure how to reply to her sister's words of confirmation. Technically, as she was a Targaryen, she was born a princess, but she never really had that title since Robert Baratheon had taken her father's life and throne before she was even born.

But now that her sister, who saw her as a daughter and who she saw as a mother, was married to Khal Drogo and now Khaleesi, she was a Khalakki. A princess. A real princess.

A Dothraki Khalakki.