𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐢

"𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐀 𝐓𝐘𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑"

AT THE FRONT OF THE DOTHRAKI, Maelys Targaryen sits behind her sister, Daenerys, on the back of a white horse, Jorah Mormont walking at their side. On Maelys' right hand, on her ring finger, Maelys wears the ring gifted to her by Khal Drogo. Since he had given it to her, she had only taken it off when sleeping or bathing, otherwise, wherever she went she could be seen with the engraved ring on the same finger no matter what.

"Do the Dothraki buy their slaves?" Daenerys questions Jorah curiously, looking over at a slave walking next to one of the Dothraki men on their horse before looking over to Jorah for an answer.

"The Dothraki don't believe in money." Jorah shakes his head and looks up at Daenerys on her horse as he walks. "Most of the slaves were given to them as gifts."

"Gifts?" Maelys inquiries from the back of the horse.

"From whom?" Daenerys questions, glancing at Maelys before looking back to Jorah once again.

"If you rule a city and you see the horde approaching, you have two choices: pay tribute or fight. An easy choice for most." Jorah answers both of their questions at once.

"So they won't be attacked?" Maelys asks, looking down at Jorah from the horse with a curious gaze.

"Well, yes." Jorah nods his head to the side slightly and is met with an even more curious gaze from Maelys when he looks back at her. "Sometimes it is not enough. If the Khal thinks it isn't enough, or perhaps the men too weak or the women too ugly, or if the Khal decides his riders haven't had a good fight in months and need practice, they will take the slaves and still attack the city."

At the same time that Jorah speaks, Maelys turns to see one of the Dothraki men on a horse striking a slave with a whip for not moving fast enough. Daenerys turns at the same time, seeing the same thing before suddenly stopping her horse.