𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

"𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐘 𝐃𝐑𝐘"

AFTER A SUDDEN SET UP OF CAMP, one called upon by Daenerys after Drogo had fainted while riding his horse, Maelys had trailed behind her sister to the tent Drogo has rested in since his fall. The young girl stood at the side of her sister, knowing no words could convince her sister to leave her husband's bedside for even a moment, even if Maelys knew deep down Drogo would not wake up again, at least not at himself.

Maelys watches as Drogo continues with the incoherent Dothraki mumbling that he has been going on with since he had begun drifting in and out of consciousness. The tent's entrance suddenly opens, and Maelys turns to see Jorah walking in silently, stopping a few feet behind the scene.

"Khaleesi." Jorah speaks in a hushed, comforting tone.

"Come." Daenerys commands, turning only briefly to watch Jorah enter before her head snaps back to Drogo. "He's very strong. No one understands how strong he is." Maelys knows her sister is assuring herself more than the others in the tent, but she doesn't comment on it, also aware of her sister's very fragile state.

Jorah walks up to Drogo, standing on the other side of Daenerys. His hand goes to the herbal treatment that had been applied to Drogo's wound. Maelys watches intently, but she looks away once she sees the horrible infection that has surrounded and become the wound.

"He will die tonight, Khaleesi." Jorah states, sure of his thought, and Maelys is sure he's right. Even if it isn't tonight, she knows it will be very soon.

"He can't. He can't." Her voice cracks slightly, but Daenerys does her best to not let it show. "I won't let him."

"Even a Queen doesn't have that power." Jorah shakes his head solemnly. "We must go quickly. I've heard there's a good port in Asshai."

"I won't leave him." Daenerys' voice cracks and shakes, her breathing showing signs of the tears likely to soon fall.

"He's already gone Khaleesi." Jorah says, and Maelys forces herself to turn her head back to look at Drogo.

"Even if he dies, why would l run? l am Khaleesi, and my son will be Khal after Drogo." Daenerys' head rises from Drogo's body to Jorah at her side.

"This isn't Westeros, where men honor blood." Jorah looks back at Daenerys as Maelys observes the conversation. "Here they only honor strength." He states. "There will be fighting after Drogo dies. Whoever wins that fight will be the new Khal. He won't want any rivals. Your boy will be plucked from your breast and given to the dogs."