𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲

"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍; 𝐁𝐄 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍"

SHE NEVER THOUGHT SHE WOULD BE AT A DEATH CEREMONY, especially not one for her father figure - at least not this soon. Either way, Maelys stands at the side of her sister, tightly gripping Daenerys' hand in her own. Maelys watches Rakharo hold the three dragon eggs of Daenerys and the one belonging to herself, taking a deep breath in preparation for what her and her sister have planned. As Daenerys said, it's them against the world, and that was enough for Maelys to refuse to allow her sister to walk into the soon-to-be burning pyre alone.

"Is jinak yeri ase?" Rakharo questions Daenerys and Maelys as he holds the four dragon eggs in his hands. Is this your command?

Daenerys and Maelys both nod in confirmation, Maelys' grip tightening a bit more on her sister's hand. Rakharo then places the four eggs next to Drogo's funeral pyre that is awaiting to be lit.

"Drogo will have no use for dragon eggs in the Night Lands." Jorah speaks in a hushed tone from the other side of Daenerys. "Sell them. You can return to the Free Cities and live as wealthy women for all your days."

"We were not gifted them to sell, Jorah." Maelys shakes her head as she looks from the pyre to Jorah.

"Khalakki, Khaleesi." Jorah speaks in a pleading tone. "l vow to serve you, obey you, to die for you, if need be, but let him go. l know what you intend. Do not."

"We must." Maelys looks up at Jorah in a mix of determination and sympathy.

"You don't understand." Daenerys adds.

"Don't ask me to stand aside as you climb on that pyre." Jorah frowns. "l won't watch you two burn." He shakes his head.

"Is that what you fear?" Daenerys questions, kissing Jorah on the cheek, then her and Maelys turn and step away from the crowd for Daenerys to address the remaining Dothraki and Lhazareen that stayed with her past Drogo's death.

"You will be my Khalasar." Daenerys begins. "l see the faces of slaves. l free you. Take off your collars. Go if you wish, no one will stop you." She gestures out with the hand not holding her sister's. "But if you stay it will be as brothers and sisters, as husbands and wives."

Maelys then looks behind her, who is now tied and bound by rope. Noticeable bruises and cuts from Maelys' earlier assault on the woman are still shown, and at the sight Maelys feels a surge of pride flow through her veins.

"Ser Jorah, bind this woman to the pyre." Daenerys commands, and at the man's reluctance she reminds him of his own words, "You swore to obey me." Jorah nods and moves to do as Daenerys said, tying the witch to the pyre to burn.

"We are Daenerys Stormborn and Maelys Targaryen of House Targaryen of the blood of old Valyria." Daenerys then begins to speak to the crowd once more, and Maelys looks away from the witch to the people before her as well. "We are the Dragon's daughters. And we both swear to you that those who would harm you will die screaming."

"You will not hear me scream." Mirri Maz Duur states from where she is tied to the pyre, and both sister's turn back to face the witch.

"We will." Maelys glares daggers at the witch.

"Even so, it is not your screams we want." Daenerys cuts in. "Only your life."

The pyre is then lit on fire with a torch. Maelys listens intently as the witch begins uttering incantations, though when the fire spreads to cover her, those incantations quickly turn to screaming. Maelys and Daenerys share a short look before the two turn towards the burning pyre and a walk into the flames.