Chapter 5

Wednesday walls into the weathervane which is a small coffee shop in the town of Jericho. the local barista looks like he doesn't know what he is doing that all. because the coffee machine looks to not be working. then she looks around seeing not too many people in there who care about anyone else in the coffee shop Wednesday for what she thinks. but as Wednesday is looking around the coffee shop, she sees Faith sitting in one of the booths looking the same as coming out of her therapy session.

Wednesday walked up to where the broken coffee machine is, there is steam coming out of it. Wednesday of course didn't see a point in staying in the coffee shop more than she needed to walk up to where the coffee machine was sitting.

" holy crap," the barista said once the steam clam down making him able to see Wednesday standing there. " Do you make a habit of scaring the hell out of people?"

"it's more of a hobby."

"you go to Nevermore didn't realize they changed the uniform again," he says about the uniform with Faith being red and Wednesday being black.

"I need a quad over ice" Wednesday states to the male barista  who just looking back out like he is trying to say don't you see the machine to Wednesday "It's four shots of espresso"

"yeah I know what a quad is I made one before you got in here but spoiler alert the espresso machine having a seizure so all we have is drip," the barista told the girl in black.

"but drip is for people who hate themselves and know their lives have no real purpose or meaning," Wednesday says with a man overhearing her speak who was getting Drip for himself with that he puts the drip down and walks out of the shop. "what's wrong with your machine"

"It's a temperamental beast with a mind of its own and it doesn't help that the instructions are in Italian "

Wednesday walks around the counter and gets the instructions and reads to see what they say and say for " I need a tri-wing screwdriver and four-millimetre fallen wrench"

"wait, you read Italian" he questions the girl.

" of course, it's the native tongue of Machiavelli. here's the deal I'm going to fix your coffee machine then you're going to make my coffee and call me a taxi."

"no taxi in Jericho, try Uber"

"I don't have a phone. I refuse to be a slave to technology" she informed the male barista. while using the main tools she got from the barista to fix the coffee machine.

"then you're out of luck. where are you going anyway" The boy questions the girl like he had a right to know where the girl was planning on going to.

"that on a need-to-know basis what about trains," Wednesday says back not seeing why he needs or should know where she is planning on going after she left Jericho and wouldn't be coming back. They did just meet after all.

"The nearest station is Burlington. it's half an hour away,"

"you have a vale issue I've seen it before,"

"Where do you have one of these monsters at home?"

"steam-powered guillotine" Wednesday stated like it was the most obtuse thing in the world. "I wanted to decapitate my doll more efficiently."

the barista just looked at her like what the fuck are you talking about "Sure grim reaper barbie makes perfect sense" Then after the barista makes that comment Wednesday fixes the coffee machine "Wow thanks I never met a nevermore kid who got their hands dirty. I mean other then with blood." the barista looking over to the booth where Faith was sitting at. "I'm Tyler by the way. I didn't catch your name or is that on a need-to-know basis too,"