Chapter 17

Wednesday was getting ready for the celebration she was performing in because Miss Weems was making her do it. playing her cello with the Jericho High School band. but after what Wednesday had seen in her visions of Crackstone she had something else in mind for the day and what would happen.

has everyone been in their places for the celebration they started what there was going to be going for it. no one knows what going to happen. other than Wednesday and thing who set it up.

"thank you, it is my honour to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone. now he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town our town couldn't achieve. so together as one of our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory. now may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialized for eternity,"

the band and Wednesday start to don't stop by Fleetwood Mac. The celebration seems to be going well for everyone there. it didn't look like a thing could go wrong.

Miss Weems and the mayor were standing on the podium as reporters and other people snapped pictures of them before the red button was pushed. the mayor pushes the button, and water starts coming out of the statue. or what looked to be water.

Wednesday nods her head as a sign to thing to light the match to light the line of gunpowder he put on the ground running to the statue. Thing then dropped the match onto the gunpowder then walked away like he did nothing. with some people seeing the gunpowder going to the statue before it well up in flame.

everyone who where watching the event take place ran and away while screaming out in fear. Wednesday stayed in her seat playing her cello still but she started wintering by Antonio Vivaldi with a smirk. that all the chaos she made.

faith unlike all the others just walked away from what was happening with the statue. not wanting to be around so that way she wouldn't get any of the blame for what happened. but well she is out of people's view she turns around and watches the statue melt.  enjoy the way the fire looks.

---

that was a disaster," Miss Weems exclaims to Wednesday. She was standing in Miss Weems's office right now due to what had happened with Joseph Crackstone's statue going up in flames. with Wednesday being the only person there to look that for doing it.  with Miss Weems moving back and forth in there.

"the mayor is furious. I've lost count of the angry phone calls, emails and people in the town, alumni and parents. they want answers and so do I," 

"I would lead the Inquisition but I left my thumbscrews and rack at home"

"Miss Addams, you're already on thin ice. wafer-thin ice,"

"I swear on my late scorpion's soul my hands are clean," Wednesday says telling Miss Weems the truth about what happened. She may have done it but she didn't use her hands to do it.

" I may not have hard evidence, but I see you. you're a trouble magnet,"

"if trouble means standing up to lies decades of discrimination, centuries of treating outcasts like second-class citizens or worse,"

"What are you talking about?"

Jericho. why does this town even have an outreach day? don't you know it's real history with outcasts? the actual story of Joseph Crackstone?"

"I do. to an extent"

"then why be complicit in its cover-up? those who forgot history are doomed to repeat it,"

"that's where you and I differ. Where you see doom, I see opportunity. maybe this is a chance to rewrite the wrongs to start a new chapter in the normie outcast relations."