Chapter 12

Wednesday was in her dorm room later on in the night with Enid sleeping and cuddling with the Poe Cup trophy in her bed. while Wednesday was getting ready to leave their dorm so she could look at the statue of Edgar Allen Poe. She was that early in the day.

after Wednesday grabs all the things she needs to look at the statue and find out what it is hiding from her. hopefully, it has something to do with a book she wants to find. Wednesday walks to the door of her dorm room before turning to see if Enid is still sleeping being leaving the room.

Wednesday walks out of Ophelia's hall and walks over to Faith's dorm room. so Wednesday could have some help. not that she needed it she wanted to use an option to get to know the girl better. because the last time she did Faith was not in her dorm room for whatever reason she has.

Wednesday knocks on Faith's room door to see if she can come to the statue of Edgar Allen Poe with her. Wednesday waits for two minutes before Faith to the door and opens it for her looking mad from being awoken from her sleep. the the time is 11:30 at night.

"what do you want?" Faith questioned Wednesday on why she was here at such a time of night.

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to look at something with me?" Wednesday replied to Faith wanting to see if she was willing to go somewhere with her.

"you want me to go somewhere with you?" Faith replied with confusion written all over her face. Not used to people who want her to go somewhere with her.

"why wouldn't I"

"no one does, so why are you requesting me to be with you then," Faith says wanting to try and learn more about Wednesday and why she wants to get to know her if that is what she is doing.

" do I need a reason to do it" Wednesday tried to make the conversation quickly so she could get in all over with. and leave if Faith is going to be saying no. Not that is the answer she wanted from the other girl.

"no, you don't but you know have one don't you"

"yes but do you need to know why I do what I do"

"no, but I do want to know why," Faith says hinting at the fact she wants Wednesday to say why she wants her to be with her right now.

"are you going to say yes or not" Wednesday says not wanting to waste her time here if Faith doesn't want to go over there.

"I will go." Faith says getting a small smile from Wednesday from winning the conversation and getting what she wanted. then faith adding on." if you tell me why you why me to go with you so bad,"

"fine, I wanted to see what you are like and why people are so frighting by people here and maybe learn more about you at the same time," Wednesday explains to Faith making sure the answer is going to be good to make sure Faith didn't go back in her room.

"ok fine a deal is a deal, just give me a minute to get ready to go," Faith says before closing the door. and getting ready to go out to wherever Wednesday wanted them to go. After Faith gets ready to go she opens the door and walks out of the room ready to go off now.

Wednesday and Faith walk down to where the statue of Edgar Allen Poe is. When they get started to walk down the hallway where the stature is Wednesday goes to grab out her flashlight but before she can Faith casts a spell in her hand making a ball of light she could use to see around them. the magic spell Faith uses is brighter than Wednesday's flashlight anyway. making Wednesday look at the ball of light in faith's hand.

"what," Faith asked Wednesday not seeing a reason why she should be looking at her right now.

"What is that,"

"would you believe me if I said it was magic,"

"no, because all the forms of witchcraft I know of can't do that,"

"Well, you don't know them all then little outcasts," Faith replied to Wednesday giving her a nickname at the same time.

"fine let's get this after with then," Wednesday says walking past Faith and to the statue and standing up on it to see the book better. " I could use the light thing in your hand right about now," Wednesday asks Faith to move over to her.

Wednesday can see a list of riddles on the page in the book of the statue. Wednesday grabs a notepad and a pen from her bag.

the opposite of the moon. sun.

the world between ours. nether.

two months before June. april.

a self-seeding flower. pansy.

one more than one. two.

its leaves weep to the ground. willow.

it melts in the sun. ice.

its beginning and end never found. circle.

every rule has one. exception.

after Wednesday write down all the answers to the riddles she circles the first letter in every word giving her the answer she is looking for. snap twice. Wednesday gets off of the base of the statue and takes about three steps back with Faith moving back as well. after that, Wednesday snapped twice making the statue move and open up revealing a stairwell leading them downstairs.

faith walks off faith because she is using her magic to make light. has they are walking down the stairs they see different photos of different people around the place. Wednesday stops when she sees a portrait of her parents sitting in a chair together. After Faith still walks down the down not stopping for wednesday.

after the light disappears from Wednesday goes into her bag to get a flashlight out of there. and turning it on so she could see what she was doing in the library. making her way down the stairs, seeing the nightshade symbol on the floor.

"you couldn't waited for me you would you had the only light on. right." Wednesday asked faith

"you should have kept on moving then for that to happen. and it is not like you didn't have a light on you now is it."

faith walked over to the other side of the nightshade library looking at different books. while Wednesday looks to see if she can find the book she has been looking for. Wednesday find a book that looks like it has been taken out, unlike the other books on the bookshelf. taking it out and opening it to look at it.

seeing has it was the right book Wednesday had been looking for she put it in her bag. before turning to start and walk over to Faith. to tell her she would be going on. but as Wednesday turns around someone puts a bag over her head and knocks her out.