Chapter 6

Few days later

Lauren POV

It's been a few days since I last talk to Devin. Why? Well I think it mostly has to do with me pounding him with a bunch of questions. Of course I seen him in school and we said our hellos but outside, it was a different story.

He doesn't even talk to me or doesn't bring up why he haven't text me since Wednesday, which was the last time we talked.

I wanted to so bad to make the first move but decided not to. Plus if I did it would make me seem weak or desperate and I don't wanna seem like neither.

I rolled my eyes as I left the empty hallway and made my way out the school doors. It was Friday, and it was also the reason why the campus was so dead right now. It was the weekend and people were dying to go home just to come back a few hours later for a football game.

But instead of doing what regular teenagers did, I decided to stay after just to get some extra credit so I can be ahead. Call it boring all you want but it benefits me.

Turning the corner around the building to go meet my brother so he could drop me off I felt eyes staring me down hard. I followed where I felt they were coming from and realized it was Nicki, Samantha, and two other girls.

They all were sitting on the bleachers giving me stank looks. Not backing down from any of them I gave all of them one back. I rolled my eyes walking to the field house trying to find Kyren.

I knocked on the door waiting for someone to come out. A few minutes later I was met with a face that was wearing a smile that always seem to catch my attention.

"Can you get my brother please?"

"Yeah I can but who's your brother?"

I gave him a straight face because now he was irritating.

"Why do you play so much just go get him." I rolled my eyes at him and looked off somewhere else that just happened to be in the direction where Nicki was.

She yelled out getting his attention.

"Hey baby, I can't wait to see you play tonight. Good luck daddy! See Lauren, you can't have him." She winked after and then shot me a smirk.

I don't know why but for some reason I was really starting to get tired of her mocking, stupid ass smirks, and annoying complaining. Out of all the girls in this school for some reason she think that I want her man, when in reality what she don't know is that everyone else does, not me.

"Nas please get your hoe and feed her some dick or something because you know that's what she has a craving for right about now." I yelled back loud enough knowing that she would hear me.

"Nah I'm not trying to give that to her right now. You know I got someone else on my mind waiting to take that." He looked down at me and gave me a smirk.

"Well good for you. Now can you go get brother please. I really don't wanna be bothered, so thank you."

"Whatever you say."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hurry up and get dress. I wanna make it before the game ends."

"Amanda I'm not going."

"How come you're the only one that don't wanna support your brother. Your mom and dad left already but yet you just stay here and be miserable. Watch when he make it to the NFL don't be asking us for money." She said with seriousness in her voice, but who is we?