☼ Elected? Nope! ☼

Episode: Darkblade
Word count: 7,025
Key:
• Y/N - Your Name
First Person:

☲✧

"Soleil Ailé, Ladybug, and Cat Noir have saved Paris, yet again," Nadja Chamack booms from the TV in my room.

"Dawnn, return to ash," I say, transforming back to my civilian self.

The kwami yawns, "Wow, I'm so tired! I think I'm going to go nap..."

"But Dawnn," Arctiic whines. "You said you'd play chase with me!"

"Ah... Fine. Only because you're cute," Dawnn smiles at him.

I sit down on my bed and scroll on my phone as the kwamis fly around my room. I look up from the device when the news catches my interest.

"Yesterday, Mr. Bourgeois was reelected as mayor of Paris for the fourth consecutive term."

The TV shows Mr. Bourgeois and Chloé in front of City Hall, waving to the crowd.

"Here, we see Mr. Bourgeois with his daughter."

"Oh, Y/N," Dawnn says, flying up to my face. "That reminds me, class representative elections are tomorrow, right?"

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that..."

"Wowza, Y/N! You should run! You have really good leadership skills," Arctiic comes up next to Dawnn, giving me a toothy grin.

"Thanks, Arctiic, but I can't. Chloe's running, and, whether I like it or not, she is my friend," I sigh.

My kwamis look at each other and then back to me.

"Pish posh! Chloé doesn't even care about the well-being of the students. She just likes the power aspect," Dawnn crosses her tiny arms and turns her head up.

Arctiic circles around me and lands on my shoulder. "All the more reason to run!"

"Yeah, maybe. But what about the activities I do, like modeling or schoolwork? Or, you know, being Soleil Ailé?"

"Don't worry! We can help you with history. I'm not sure about math though..." Arctiic trails off.

"What I think Arctiic is trying to say is that you should try. You might regret it if you don't."

I smile at the wise kwami. She flies up to me and hugs my cheek. I hold up my hand, hugging her back.

The TV starts again, and Dawnn flies up to sit on my head.

"Armand D'Argencourt, one of Bourgeois' opponents and a fencing instructor at Francoise Dupont High School, was pummeled in the polls."

The TV shows Mr. D'Argencourt with many microphones in his face as he exits the school. He seems agitated and pushes the camera over, showing him running down to the subway.

"In fact, Mr. D'Argencourt acquired the least number of votes in Paris history."

Arctiic huffs, "That's mean! They shouldn't be shaming on the TV."