My Book Ate My Homework

"Come along, John." Tristan nudged him through the shop's door. "The sooner we get our things the sooner we can leave."

John mumbled under his breath.

He didn't like going out much-not in public places at least. As much as he hates to finally admit it, his actions the following couple years have gained traction.

People have started to recognize him outside of school.

Not as much as The Boy Who Lived, or The Malfoy Heir of course-but nonetheless a pain in his ass.

As his caretaker grabbed whatever the list required, he spent his time ducking around corners and overall keeping his head down.

Call him paranoid, but he's still here ain't he?

The mage stifled a groan, instead listening to the careful whisperings of children and adults alike.

"-is that who I think that is?-"
"-Constantine! I had Potions with him last-"
"-ministry hasn't caught him yet-"
"-not the Heir? I don't get it, he fits it to a-"
"-has quite the cast of celebrities now-"

"-such a troubled boy-"

John flinched.

He briefly wondered how much longer Tristan would take.

"What in God's name is that?"

John stared in disbelief, slightly cringing away from the wiggling object.

"Nope. Scratch that. Even He wouldn't know what to make of that."

"Oh quit being so melodramatic."

"I think I'm being a perfectly fine level of dramatic-because it's moving."

"No. You're not."
The Auror held up the now thrashing object of interest. Truthfully, the situation would be a lot more humorous if the book wasn't something he'd need to carry around on a daily basis.
"This is for your Care of Magical Beasts class."

"My what."

"Merlin-pay attention for once!"
Tristan pulled off his glasses in order to rub the bridge of his nose.
"Care of Magical Beasts may be considered extracurricular but for now it's required. Young students need to be able to verify dangerous beasts and react accordingly; And with what happened last year-I do believe that they're enforcing it a smidge more."

Tristan then gave John a look.

"I...assume that we went over this before?"

His response was another look.

"Right."