I aint scared of no ghost...I promise

John startled at large hands landing on his shoulders.
He was currently blinking away at black and blue spots within his vision to actually see who's hands they belonged to.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah-yeah-fine."
John rubbed at his eyes.
"What the hell was that thing?!"

The man lightly chortled, but overlooked the outburst.

"That dear boy,"
The man's head finally cleared all the way, revealing itself to be brunet with a face covered in scars.
"Was a dementor."

Tha mage's face scrunched.
"Dementor?"
Yeah, he could see that.
Demented more like it.

The elder man helped him to his feet, looking him over head to toe.

Curiosity and slight suspicion shown through the man's dark eyes.

"You're not hurt."

"Nope."
John frowned a little.
"Thing didn't lay a boney finger on me before you got here."

The man nodded slowly, before placing his hand in front of him.
"Ah, I seemed to've left my manners back in my room alongside my luggage-Remus Lupin."

John's eyebrows raised, absentmindedly shaking the man's-Remus Lupin's hand while taking in the long scars that reached across his face.

Almost like an animal's.

And Lupin.
Lupinus.
Wolf.

A little ironic, but who was he to judge.

"John Constantine."

Remus smiled, recognizing the name.

"The John Constantine, hm? I will admit I've heard quite a few stories surrounding you and your classmates."
The smile dimmed.
"Dangerous times these days."

He shook himself off his melancholy track.

"Well, I am glad that I got to you in time-nasty creatures Dementors, and not something to be trifled with either."
Remus placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Now, let's get you back to your friends shall we? We're not quite out of the clear yet-and I want you out of harms way until then."

Friends-
Shit-

"Did anyone else get hurt? Preferably one ebon, one brunette, and one ginger? Usually in the same place?"

Remus grinned.
"Oh I think I know who you're referring to, all in one peace. Shall I take you to them?"

"Yes-no."

Honestly he was slightly torn.

He took a second, breathing in and out.

"If you say they're fine, then I'll believe you. I left someone behind in my room."

Remus nodded, understanding the decision and John led them down the train.

"Sir, if I may, why have the-uh-dementor thingies stopped the train?"

The man in question, looked out a few of the passing windows.

"What have you heard in the news recently?"

"What everyone else has. Sirius Black."

Remus' lips twitched at the sarcasm, though he tried to remain a little more serious.

"Well, Dementors, as foul as they are, are used by the Ministry. Occasionally as hunters and attack-dogs, mostly as wardens to Azkaban."

John nodded.
"The place he broke out of."

"And with certain...speculation as of late, there has been reason to believe that Black would venture into Hogwarts."

"And what, the Dementors were sent to follow em?"
The blond guessed.
"But still, why attack the train? How could Sirius Black be here?"

Remus sighed a deep and exhausted huff of air.

"I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps they were ordered to; perhaps they were just being thorough. Their job is to find and recapture Sirius Black however it takes..."

Brown met blue.

"...not matter the cost."

Yeah, that wasn't an ominous thing to say to a 13 year old-cutting the thought short, John hurried to his door; finding Malfoy huddled in the corner while white-knuckling his wand.

"Draco!"

"John!"
He startled, stumbling to his feet as the other swung open the door.
"You're alive!"

John puffed up his cheeks.

"After the last two years? I ain't afraid of no ghost!"

The way he said it made Malfoy tilt his head.

"Oh come on. Ghost Busters? The movie?"
He looked to Lupin, who shrugged in return.
"Unbelievable."