ᕯ seventeen ᕯ

july 12th, 2018

It was the final song of the night in the County Ground stadium in Northampton, and Millie had a wide grin on her face.

"We keep behind closed doors," Jade sang as Millie stood in between her and Leigh with a smile on her face, "every time I see you, I die a little more. Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls, it'll never be enough. As you drive me to my house, I can't stop these silent tears from rolling down. You and I both have to hide, on the outside where I can't be yours and you, can't be mine."

Millie looked around the audience, smiling and waving to fans as they screamed in delight.

"But I know this, we got a love that is homeless," Jade sang as Millie smiled. "Why can't you hold me in the street? Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor? I wish that it could be like that, why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours. Why can't I say that I'm in love? I wanna shout it from the rooftops, I wish that it could be like that, why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours."

As Jade stopped singing, Leigh spotted someone in the audience that she knew Millie would want to see. She tapped the younger girl on the arm, getting her attention and pointed to the place in the audience.

"It's obvious you're meant for me," Jesy sang from Leigh's right. Millie furrowed her eyebrows, not seeing who she saw. "Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly. Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep, but I'll never show it on my face."

Millie's blue eyes scanned around the audience, Leigh pointed and Millie furrowed her eyebrows. She grinned when she saw Heidi and Daniel standing there, waving.

"Why can't you hold me in the street?" Millie sang, a grin on her face as she waved back to them, "why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?"

Leigh grinned as she looked at Millie.

"I wish that it could be like that, why can't we be like that?" the blonde sang as Heidi pointed behind her and Millie looked behind her and her face lit up. "Cause I'm yours."

Charles was standing in the audience with a bouquet of roses in his hand as she looked at her.

"Why can't I say that I'm in love?" she sang, her eyes watering as she put a hand on her stomach and smiled at Charles. "I wanna shout it from the rooftops," her voice began shaky as she let out a laugh as she wiped away the tears from her eyes and held the microphone to the auidnce as they sang for her.

"I wish that it could be like that," the audience sang as Millie smiled, "why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours."

"I don't wanna live love this way," Leigh sang as Millie put a hand over her mouth, her eyes watering as she looked at Charles. "I don't wanna hide us away."

"You okay?" Jade mouthed to Millie who nodded and wiped away the tears.

"I wonder if it ever will change," Leigh sang, "I'm living for that day, someday."

"When you hold me in the street," Jesy sang as Millie looked at Charles and smiled, "and you kiss me on the dance floor. I wish that we could be like that, why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours, I'm yours!'

"Oh, why can't you hold me in the street?" Leigh sang, the audience cheering at her vocals as Millie cheered with them, "why can't I kiss you on the dance floor? I wish that it could be like that, why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours."

"Why can't I say that I'm in love?" Millie sang, her voice overpowering the audience, "I wanna shout it from the rooftops. I wish that it could be like that, why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours."

The audience screamed in cheers and applause as the young girl held the note for over fifteen seconds, making it even louder than the original.

"Why can't we be like that?" Millie sang softly as she smiled at the audience, "wish we could be like that."

The audience burst into applause as the lights went off and the girls walked off the stage.

"I wasn't imagining that, was I?" Millie asked, furrowing her eyebrows as the other girls beamed.

"No, you were not."

Millie turned around, a wide grin on her face as she saw Charles standing there with a bouquet of roses. A loving grin grew on her face as she looked at her boyfriend.

"Charlie," she said smiling as she hurried towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "What are you doing here?"

"I was in the neighbourhood," he said shrugging, "thought I'd pop in."

"You're the cutest," she said as she hugged him tightly. "When's your next race? It's the 20th, right?"

"Yeah," he said as Millie smiled. "But I thought, if you want me to, I could stick around for a couple days before flying to Germany."

"Yes!" Millie said, her eyes going wide as she looked at him.

"When do you leave to go to Hull?" he asked as Millie turned to the girls.

"We're leaving at like 6am," Jesy said, "so you've got time to catch up." She winked as Millie laughed.

"We'll let them know you're busy," Jade said winking as Millie pursed her lips.

"Just, make sure you're ready to leave by five," Leigh said, looking at Millie the way a mother would a child.

"Yes mam," Millie laughed as she looked at Charles and smiled. Charles held out his hand for her to take, she took it happily as the two walked backstage to Millie's dressing room.

She put the flowers on her table and smiled as she took a photo and posted it to Twitter.

Mills 🌻💛 @milliegrey

flowers and a surprise visit from my baby ❤️

19:58pm • July 12th, 2018 • 2.4M views
1.6M replies | 1.2M re-tweets | 2M likes

"Baby," Charles whispered, shaking the blonde up as she groaned.

"Fuck off Charlie," she said, rolling onto her side as Charles laughed.

"You need to get up," he said as the blonde opened her eyes and glared at him. 

"You need to shut up," she said as he laughed. He kissed the top of her head as she groaned.

"I will turn the light on," he said as Millie sat up.

"Alright, alright, I'm up," she said yawning. She checked her phone and saw it was four in the morning. She turned to Charles who was watching her amused. "You're lucky I love you," she said as he chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"Get ready," he said, "I laid out some travel clothes for you and turned the shower on for you." Millie smiled as she climbed out of the hotel bed and smiled. 

"I love you," she said, grabbing the clothes and making her way to the bathroom to change.