Chapter 1

"Boy! When you get done ironing Dudley's trousers, get down here and mop the kitchen floor! Your uncle is having company over tonight, and the last thing he wants is for them to come into a messy house."

Harry sighed and hung up the last pair of pants on a hanger. "Yes, Aunt Petunia!" he walked over to the closet and strained on the tips of his toes just to hang it on the rod. He had always been short for his age, but this was getting ridiculous. The last time he had seen Ron and Hermione, they had both been over a head taller than him. He was so ready to hit his growth spurt.

Once all the clothes were hung, he made his way into the kitchen to start on his next task. Getting down on his knees to scrub the floor reminded him of the aching pain in his left leg. The night before, his uncle had been less than pleased with the menu he had selected for supper. He figured the bone was probably fractured, but there wasn't really much he could do to fix it. He would just have to let it heal on its own.

"Well, if it isn't little CinderHarry." Suddenly, Dudley thundered into the room and smirked down at him. "Hmm... it looks like you missed a spot. Here, let me help." He picked up the bucket of dirty water, and quickly dumped it over his head.

Harry sputtered and wiped the filthy water off his face. He then glared up at Dudley, "If I had my wand right now, you'd be sorry."

Dudley's eyes went wide in fear and he ran into the other room. "Mummy! Mummy! Potter just threatened me!"

Harry sighed and got back to scrubbing. He shouldn't have said that, but he just couldn't resist. He was probably going to receive extra punishments from his uncle tonight, but it was worth it. He just hated this family so much sometimes.

Harry looked down at the pool of water and stared at his reflection. He shouldn't say that. He didn't hate them. Not really. They were the only family he had. So, deep down, there was a small part of him that did love them. Even if they didn't love him back in return.

Harry finished cleaning up the excess water as he heard Aunt Petunia assure Dudley that Uncle Vernon would be hearing about Harry's behavior. With a sigh, he started to work on the elaborate dinner that had been planned for this evening. He might as well do the best he could to keep his uncle from becoming even more upset. He was already going to be in enough trouble as it was.

*****

Once dinner was finished, Harry went up to his room to take a nap. He knew he wouldn't be sleeping well tonight. It felt like he had only just laid down when he heard the front door slam open. He heard some yelling, before the sound of feet stomping up the stairs filled his ears. His door was suddenly thrown open, and his Uncle's purple face glared down at him.

"How dare you threaten my son you freak?!" he stormed over to him and lifted him up from the bed by his hair. "Tonight, after dinner, you and I are going to be having words..." he gave Harry a swift sock on the nose before storming out of the room.

Harry collapsed against the headboard. His hands started to fill with blood has he gently held he broken nose. Tears started to stream down his face as he got of the courage for what he was about to do. With one quick jerk of his wrist, his nose snapped back into place with a sickening crack. Harry held in a yell as he took deep breaths, trying to calm his racing heart. He had had to reset enough broken bones over the years, one would think he was used to it, but the pain always seemed to take him by surprise.

A strange rattling noise caught his attention from the other side of the room. He looked up and saw Hedwig nipping at her cage and staring at him worriedly. He gave her a small smile and wiped the excess blood onto his sleeve. "I'm ok girl..." his voice cracked, and he still had tears dripping from his eyes. "I'm ok..." he tried again, if only to try and convince himself. "I'm... ok..." this time was even quieter.

"Harry..." he let out a groan.

"Harry it's us." The face of his mother smiling down at him floated in his mind.

"We're hear to rescue you son." His father beamed down at him.

"Just go away..." Harry muttered. Ever sense the summer after his first year, Harry had been having frequent hallucinations of his parents. He had no idea what was causing them. They seemed to only happen when he was at the Dursley's house. He assumed it had something to do with the numerous head injuries he would receive every summer. The first few times he had actually believed that some kind of miracle had occurred, but now he knew better. He laid quietly in bed as the hallucinations continued to try and comfort him. a single tear dripped from his eyes. "I wish my parents were still alive..." in his grief, Harry failed to notice the shooting star the went flying past his window. This single moment, would change his life forever...

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading! :) I hope you liked it so far. I upload, every weekend, so I'll see you then! Bye!)