chapter 2: Not planned

After Nina locked eyes with the father of Phoebe Torres, she felt all jelly inside. She had to keep her composure as she walked away without giving him a second glance.

Nina walked into the reception wearing a beautiful caribbean blue dress. Her figure was slim, her body type matched the dress.

Rachel stared at her sister and she squealed happily. She knew Nina wouldn't let her down. She rushed over to Nina and hugged her.

Brad was standing at the bar when he noticed his fiancé from afar. He was indeed lucky to have met Rachel and when he first tasted her, he was hooked. He finally proposed after ten years together after their fourth child came into the world. He spotted Nina.

"Hey, Hugo. It's Nina." Brad tapped Hugo's shoulder.

Hugo turned around and it was like magic. Their eyes met instantly. Hugo smiled as he sipped his whiskey when Rachel was dragging Nina towards them.

"Rachel, what are you up to?" Nina was trying to get her wrist released by her crazy sister.

"Come on, Nina. You have to meet Hugo, you did help his daughter today." Rachel felt Nina stiffened when she pulled a little too hard and landed into Hugo's arms.

Nina felt embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, Nina. I'm sorry." Rachel went to sob.

She'll hate me now! Rachel thought

Hugo held Nina in his arms. They were in a trance, like nobody else existed. A spark that they were both missing. Nina pushed away as she blushed.

"I'm sorry, I'm not used to high heels." Nina spoke.

What a save! Hugo smirked..

"It's quite alright, I'm used to women throwing themselves at me." Hugo paused. He wanted to slap himself.

"Sorry, I'm not most women. If my sister didn't drag me over here and kept pulling at my arm, I wouldn't have slipped and landed in your arms. Don't mistake me as a cheap woman!" Nina rubbed her wrist and walked away.

Hugo was dumbfounded.

Now, this is indeed interesting! Hugo thought.

Brad held his sobbing fiancé until she was pulled from his arms. Nina pulled away her sister. She hated seeing Rachel cry. So, she took her to the ladies room to touch up her make-up.

There was moaning coming from the stalls. It's Carla and Elijah.

"There's a time and place for that. Get out!" Nina was already annoyed being this close to them.

Carla eyed Nina in shock. She hasn't seen her in three years. She couldn't blame Nina for disowning her. She's just lucky that Nina didn't disown her kids. The babies loved Nina. Despite not returning home, it made her feel uneased.

"Nina, you're back?" Elijah spoke.

He was eating up her dress and figure. When they were dating, Nina was a bit fat. Now, he sees a slim and sexy woman. He zipped up his fly and was met with a gaze that made him feel cold.