chapter 7: Wild night

Hugo was staring at the woman that decided to make her presence known in front of Nina. What the fuck? He didn't want any drama tonight.

"Mr Torres, I'm Kate Douglas from the beauty department. I was wondering if we could possibly get a drink?" Kate was braving it out, instead she's incredibly stupid.

"Miss Douglas as you can see I'm sitting with my girlfriend, and you're stupid enough to ask me out? Do you think I'm an easy man to approach so shamelessly?" Hugo was now irritated with how this woman could did this without any shame.

Kate pouted. He's so rude yet so dreamy. Kate didn't care who was sitting with him at the given moment. She's not even hot! She was going to humiliate this woman so badly, she won't ever show her face in public again.

"Mr Torres, surely this woman is a gold-digger. Why else would she have worn cheap clothes." Kate smirked as Nina crossed her arms.

Nina didn't care about the way she dressed, yet the clothes She's wearing was way more expensive then plastic barbie's clothes right now. Hugo never takes his eyes off Nina. He was impressed by Nina turning a deaf ear to the insults that was thrown at her.

"Miss Douglas, do you have shame or no brain cells?" Nina finally spoke.

Kate stiffened. "What?"

"You heard me. You have beauty, but no brains and that's dangerous in a logical conversation. Petty insults? Jealousy because Mr Torres doesn't find you attractive. Logically, you have the brain cells of a sloth!" Nina watched Kate choke on her words.

Well damn, she called her dumb! Hugo thought, he was impressed.

"What did you call me?" Kate's ears were turning red, like she has steam coming out of them.

"A sloth, you know they're ranked 5th on the dumbest animals in the world. Well, you haven't been ranked yet." Nina was throwing out insults in a more mature way.

Kate was confused. "Huh?"

"Baby, she doesn't get it. No point toying with someone that thinks beauty means everything." Hugo knew what Nina was doing. He liked it.

Nina didn't want to bring another person down, but it was worth it. Kate didn't even think, was her brain hollow? That would explain her reaction time.

"You may leave now, Miss Douglas." Hugo orders.

Kate frowned. "What, you're choosing her. Look at me, I'm hot." Kate was showing off her designer dress.

"Yet, you lack something my woman has. Can't you take a hint? I'm not interested in what you're selling. I'm on a date with MY woman. I don't want to share my evening with someone that's as dumb as a door nail," Hugo spoke as some bodyguards surrounded her.

Kate gasps. "I'll have you know that I have a great IQ" She said desperately.

Hugo snorted. "Well, then you should read between the lines. My girlfriend can be broke, homeless or even working five shifts to survive. I'd still want her because she makes me happy. I would choose her over someone like you every time. Now, leave and don't show your face to me again." He paused,

"Better yet, I don't like your attitude. You'll see HR tomorrow and get your final check." Hugo fired her.

Kate swallowed deep. "You're firing me?" She sobs, "You can't do that." She was now infuriated, her mood swings were all over the place.

Nina scoffed. "Wow, you really bounced back on that."

Kate was clenching her hand tight, she thought she'd broke the skin. Who was this woman? She didn't want to lose to a nobody with crappy taste.