18

"Hello, champions!" a Rita Skeeter crowed when me and Mattheo walked in with the other champions. I felt sick. 

After all the pictures, I learned the blonde girl's name: Fleur Delacour. 

Okay, I'm calling her Fleur Delabitch.

Rita waved me over to her corner where she interviewed the other three champions. I stifled a groan and walked over, Mattheo behind me. 

"Hello, Caelia!" Rita said. Her voice was sickeningly sweet. "And you must be Mattheo Riddle! I must say, I would never have even imagined a Potter and a Riddle dating!" she continued, eyeing Mattheo.

Before I could explain that we were just friends, Mattheo slung an arm around my shoulders and grinned. "Neither would I," he said, winking down at me. I gritted my teeth at how easy he made that. 

And how stressful my life had just become.

"Well now, I won't keep you waiting. After all, you do have that date," she said. Me and my 'boyfriend's' mouths popped open. 

HOW THE HELL DID SHE KNOW THAT?!!

 "Okay, first things first: I will be using a quick quotes pen," Rita said, pulling out a piece of paper and a long green-feathered pen. She sucked on the tip of it, then let it balance on the paper. She cleared her throat. I raised an eyebrow. 

"Testing, testing. This is Rita Skeeter," she said. The pen began writing on its own. Even though I was a fifth year, I jumped and grabbed Mattheo's arm like the first time I had seen magic. Except the first time, I had grabbed Harry's arm.

Rita Skeeter, a ministry journalist, is known for writing untrue articles, and is often referred to as a 'shit-writing maniac'- the pen wrote. I would've gladly let the pen write on, just to see what people called Rita, but she snatched the pen and paper.

"Okay, let's get started," she said, pulling out a fresh sheet of paper and sucking on the pen tip again. As she balanced the pen on the paper, I grabbed it. "I would appreciate if we kept this as true to my word as possible," I growled, handing her a regular pen. 

She gave me a look and took the pen with a little more aggression than needed. I smirked. Mattheo beside me, grinned. 

"Okay, so I hear that you took the place of your brother when his name was chosen. Is this true?" Rita asked. I nodded. She scribbled something down. I leaned over to see what she wrote, but the bitch leaned away before I could get a glance. 

"Are you looking forward to the tournament?" she asked. "I guess," I said with a shrug. She wrote something down. "I have also heard that you have befriended the other Riddles, Tom and Denira. How did you become friends?" she asked. "When I walked into the train compartment, they were sitting there with the rest of my friends. It was kind of a prediction that we would be friends," I said, not wanting her to know about Nira's late arrival. Rita bent over to write. 

This went on and on, until she asked her last question. 

"Why and when did you and Mr. Riddle start dating?" she asked. This question caught me off guard. I tried to shoot a terrified look at Mattheo without letting Rita see. 

"We made it official last night," Mattheo said, giving me a sly smile. I gave him a grateful smile and nodded. "Oh?" Rita said, looking up from what she was writing. "Yeah, we just decided that we would be good together and kissed and-"  he was saying. I covered his mouth before he could get too creative.

"We just started, yep," I said, smiling. Rita wrote down one more thing, then stood up. "Well, thank you for your time, Miss Potter. Mr. Riddle," she said, putting the paper in her bag. "Um, my pen, Miss Skeeter?" I asked, holding out my hand.

Just as when I had handed her the pen, she gave me a sour look and plopped the pen in my waiting palm. I smiled smugly. "Thanks," I said. "I'll be seeing you around, Miss Potter," Rita said, then she walked over to talk to Delabitch.

As soon as me and Mattheo walked out of the room, I turned to him. "Dating? Since when were we dating?" I hissed. "Oh, calm down, Cae. You know you like it," he said with a wink. "Shut up," I grumbled. He smirked and put an arm around my shoulders. I tried to shrug it off, but it was too goddamn muscly

"Now, I say we go on our first date," Mattheo said as we walked. I saw our group waiting for us at the doors. "As a fake couple?" I asked. "We're only faking it until Rita leaves," he said. "She's gonna be here the whole schoolyear, thanks to the tournament!" I said. "Then we'll date until the schoolyear's over," he replied, grinning. I scowled. 

"Asshole," I muttered. "I heard that," Mattheo said, looking down at me with those brown eyes. I felt my heart leap in my chest. 

Calm down, bitch.

I saw Jenjen, Didi, and Nira spot us at the same time. Jenjen waved me over. "How did it go?" Nira asked as we approached. "It was fine," I said, putting on my 'I am fake dating Mattheo face'. Which was the happiest smile I could muster. 

"Something happened," Didi noticed. I blushed. "OOOOoooooOOOO," they all squealed like kids. "Did they get together?" Draco asked, being a Ron level of oblivious. "Yes, Coco. They're dating," Jenjen said, rolling her eyes. I thought I might be seeing things, but Tom gave Mattheo a little glare. 

Hmmmmm...

"When did you make it official?" Zee asked. "Last night," I replied, sticking to the backstory we fed Rita. "Did you kiiiiiiiiiiissssss?" Enzo asked. "Maybe," I said vaguely. "CAEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" everyone squealed. "Why are you guys so fucking loud?" Mattheo asked, rubbing his ears. "BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE FINALLY DATING," Jenjen said. "Okay, everyone calm down," Theo said. 

"Let's go to Hogsmeade!" Nira said, grabbing Theo's arm and leading us out the door. We all followed. I walked slow so that me and Mattheo were in the back of the group. "Cae, just suck it up and hold my hand like a good girlfriend," he whispered. "I hate you so much today," I muttered, taking his hand. 

"There. Good. Now, we'll figure out our backstory in our dorm, but for now, just try to act like you're happy to be with me," he ordered. "I am happy to be with you," I said in monotone. He laughed. "No, like-- oh I don't know, kiss my cheek or whatever," Mattheo said. I smirked. "Do you mean act like I love you?" I guessed. 

"Yeah," he grumbled. "You realize that means that I'll kiss you in public, right?" I asked. "Yes, Cae, I understand that," he said. "On the lips," I clarified. "Yes. Most of the time, I'll kiss you, but you can do it sometimes if you want to," he said. 

If I want to? HELL YEAH I WANT TO!!!

"Okay then," I said, trying not to smile. "So, loving girlfriend, where would you like to go?" Mattheo asked teasingly. "Well, charming boyfriend, I would like to go shopping for clothes, then get butterbeers. You'll pay, right?" I said, playing along. "I'm rich, love. Yes I'm fucking paying," he said. 

"The first thing I need is a jacket. I didn't know that it would be so cold!" I complained, hugging myself. Then, I felt Mattheo's arm snake around my waist and pull me close to his warm body. I looked up, bewildered. "Better?" he asked. I nodded, and snuggled closer. 

Who knew that a Riddle could be such a good fake boyfriend?