29

"Calm down Cae," I mumbled as I got out of bed the next morning. That morning juuuuuuuuust happened to be the day of the first competition. 

"Teo, get up," I said, hitting him with my pillow. "Ow," he said, his morning voice making my heart go crazy. "Get. Up!" I repeated. After an eternity of begging, threatening, and pillow hitting, he finally sat up.

"Oh shit. Today's the first competition, right?" he asked, swinging his legs to the edge of his bed. "Yeah," I said, sitting down next to him and hugging my pillow to my chest. "Are you nervous?" he asked. I looked up at him.

"Riddle me this: if you are in a tournament that two schools have traveled to participate in, and it will sure as hell be reported on by every single journalist in the entire fucking wizarding world, would you be nervous?" I asked. "Oh, come on Cae. Don't give me that. I know, dumb question. But you're kind of...I don't know, fearless?" he said.

"You take my hand and drag me headfirst--FEARLESS!" I sang right on cue, with the country accent and everything. He laughed. "I knew that'd put you in a good mood," he said. I grinned.

"Thanks Teo," I said. "Anytime princess. Now, let's get ready, and then we'll get your mind ready for the competition. Okay?" he asked, standing up and offering a hand. I smiled and took it. 

"Kay," I said, putting down my pillow. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out some Katnisscore clothes. 

I went to bathroom, changed, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and applied makeup

I went to bathroom, changed, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and applied makeup. With heavy eyeliner.

"May the odds ever be in your favor," Mattheo said jokingly as I walked out of the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and swatted at his arm. He dodged it easily and laughed. 

"Now, what was that about getting my mind ready for the competition?" I asked, braiding my hair into a side braid. 

"Let's go meet up with the group first," he said, taking my arm and walking me to the door. My heart thumped with nervousness every step. 

"Caeeeeeee!" Jenjen squealed as we entered the common room. "Jenjen," I breathed. "You okay, Lili?" Zac asked. Mattheo's arm wrapped around my shoulders. 

"She's..." he trailed off. "Dealing with it," I filled in. Zac raised an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes. "You guys are acting like I'm in gonna die," I said. They all shared a can you believe this girl? look. 

"Uh, Cae, if you listened at all, you would know that the actual reason that they canceled the tournament and just brought it back is because of the amount of people that died because of it," Draco said, crossing his arms. I shut my eyes and put my hands over my ears.

"LA LA LA IM NOT LISTENING," I said. "See this is exactly why," Theo said, dragging a hand off my ear. I felt Mattheo's hand on my other hand, gently pulling it away. 

I opened my eyes and glared at them all. "Why do you think I volunteered to be in Harry's place?" I asked. They were all silent. "I have to do this. If I die, tell Harry that I loved him and that he needs a haircut," I said. Mattheo pulled me into his chest.