3

2022

The last couple of days Melissa has been running around Barcelona trying to find decorations for her daughters birthday.
She had settled on princess theme because that is currently her obsession.
Now she stood here decorating her backyard and getting everything ready for everyone to come over later.
"Okay..are those the only things you need me for?" Pablo asks, hoping off the chair he was using to hang something up.
Melissa nods, placing a small kiss to his cheek as a thank you.
"okay, Im going to go pack my bag quickly then I'll come back out to help you" he tells her.
"Leaving the day after your daughter's birthday is a crime" she jokes as she starts fixing the small table decor. Which was a tiara that lit up.
Pablo chuckles "don't worry mi amor, I'll bring you guys something fromParis"
Melissa smiles at him before turning to Estela who played on the grass with her toys.
"Birthday girl, go inside and help papi" she tells the young girl.
Estela lifts her head up to her parents before standing up with her doll in her hand before running as fast as she could into her fathers arms.
He picks her up, resting her on his hip then walking inside to start packing.
If he was being honest, he was bummed out that he couldn't take Melissa and Estela with him but he knew they'd be supporting him from here.

Making it to his bedroom ; he throws his daughter onto his bed making her burst out in a fit of giggles.
He walks over pulling out his yellow suitcase then 3 different outfits then carefully folding his suit that he would be wearing to the ballon d'or.
"Papi, where you going?" Estela asks as she watches her dad put together his bag.
"Papi is going to Paris bebe" he tells her as he places his shoes in a shoe bag then onto of his clothes.
"can I go?" She ask, looking up at him.
Pablo smiles sadly as her, reaching over to move her hair behind her ear.
"I'm sorry mi estrella..I have to go alone but I promise one day I'll take you" he reassures her.
A frown takes over her face at her dads words.
"But I never go with you" she pouts, crossing her arms across her chest.
Pablo sighs at his daughter, he knew that she wouldn't understand because she was so young but it made his upset that she didn't. He probably wouldn't have to leave so sad about leaving them behind if she did but now he knows that he'll be leaving behind his daughter sad and confused.
"I'll bring you back a big big present okay? I promise that I'll call you too" he tries to cheer her up.
He saw in her eyes that she was still up about him leaving once again but nods her head.
He reaches over and pokes her cheer.
"Heyy..you can't be sad on your birthday" he chuckles which made her laugh.
He quickly finishes up packing all his stuff.
Setting them in the corner of the room before picking up the birthday girl from the bed and heading back downstairs. Just in time to hear the doorbell ring.
He walks over to the front of the house, Estela's eyes lighting up at the sight of the people in front of her.
"Feliz Cumpleaños Estela!" Aurora cheers at her niece. Holding out her arms for her.
Handing his daughter over, Pablo walks forward to greet his Parents and Javi then finally his sister.
"came to help?" He ask, wrapping an arm around his mom who took Estela out of Javi's arms.
Stela happily wraps her arms around her grandmother.
He leads his family to the backyard where Melissa still was.
She glances up at the sounds of multiple voices. Her eyes lighting up at the Paez-Gavira family who appeared at the doorway to the backyard.
"Hi" she says happily hurrying to greet them all.
"This looks amazing!" Aurora exclaimed looking around the back yard. Melissa smiles gratefully at her.
"Do you need any help sweetie? With the snack or anything?" Pablo's mom ask.
Melissa nods. "If you could please cut up some of the fruit I have in the kitchen that would be wonderful" she asks.
Pablo's mom smiles, giving her a kiss on her cheek before walking inside.
Melissa looks around quickly.
"I need to go pick up the cake..you guys can make yourself at home" she says but gets stopped by Pablo's sister.
"Me and Javi can go get the cake..you still need to go het ready" she smiles.
"That would actually be great" she nods at her.
Aurora and Javi head leave to pick up the cake and Melissa head's upstairs with Estela to quickly get her changed.
"Amor..I got her..you go get ready" Pablo says running up the stairs and swooping the girl out of her mothers arms.
"You sure?" She asks.
He nods. "I'll meet you in the shower" he winks, covering his daughters ears bedroom walking to her room.

Mel walks into her room, quickly gathers the clothes she was going to wear which were a pair of black straight leg jeans with a baby blue wrap v-neck shirt.
Then hurrying the shower. She had time but she felt like she didn't at the same time.
Mid way through her shower Pablo joined her.

After her shower, nat clips her hair back before changing into her outfit then getting to work on her hair and makeup.
"Pablo? I can't find my necklace" she said rushing into the restroom where we stood styling his hair.
He glances at her them back at the mirror.
"It's right here" he says point to a spot right next to the sink.
She sighs and grabs it, about to walk out but Pablo stops her.
"Amor..you look a little stressed, are you okay?" He ask, placing his comb down.
She nods putting her necklace on.
"Yeah, just a little nervous" she shrugs, as she analyses his outfit, which was a black cargo pants and a white tee shirt.
"Why?"

"cause I'm a nervous person."
"Fair enough, you'll be okay love" he says walking passed her, pressing a kiss to her cheek.
Melissa looks at her final appearance in the mirror before heading down the stairs where Pablo's family was and her dad who she assumed just arrived.
"Hi Pa" she smiles, walking over to hug him.
Her dad kiss her head pulling her into a hug.
She starts to head to the yard to see that aurora and her mother had set up all the snacks.
"Thank you guys so much" The girl says.

"It's 6..now we wait" Pablo says getting comfortable on a chair while Estela climbs onto his lap.

A/n: loving this story more then 'come back to me' 💀