13

2022

The family walk into their house in Barcelona Spain.
A loud sigh leaving the young fathers mouth as he closes the door behind him. Dropping all the bags down on the floor.
Tiredly he places his hand on his girlfriends lower back as they start to make their way up the stairs.
Melissa carries their daughter as she sleeps in her arms.
It was currently 2am here in Barcelona and they were ready to fall asleep.
Skipping the girls room and walking straight to theres, laying the girl down before Melissa heads to the restroom with Pablo and quickly gets ready for bed.
Pablo walks up behind her, placing a small kiss to her jaw before he takes his shirt off and starts getting ready to sleeping.
Melissa changes into a pair of shorts and one of Pablo's hoodie before walking back over to the bed and laying down on her front side.
Pablo follows shortly after, turning off the bathroom lights before getting in next to her.
"is she close to the edge?" His sleepy voice whispers, as he wraps his arms around Melissa's waist.
"no..she doesn't move much anymore, anyways but I also put pillows on the floor.." she whispers as she nuzzles closer into the blanket Pablo starts pulling above them.
Pablo hums, laying his head in the crook of her neck, wishing her a goodnight before the both of the drift off into a deep sleep.

.
.

The next morning, Pablo woke up to various kisses going up his chest to his cheek.
"Goodmorning" Melissa smiles softly as she notices that the boy is now awake.
She starts to move her finger tips around his tone body.
"Goodmorning" he mumbles, moving his hand up to cover his face, causing his arm muscles to flex.
Melissa admires the boy's muscles in front of her for a second before turning her attention back to him.
"Time to get up" she hums.
Letting out a loud groan as he sits up and stretches, he's met with a light smack to his chest.
He glances at his girlfriend before she motions to the sleeping kid next to her.
He quietly chuckles leaning to Melissa and pressing a passionate kiss to her lips before standing up and walking to his bathroom.
Following him into the bathroom, the girl starts to brush her teeth as he showers.
Melissa puts her toothbrush down and walks out if the room, grabbing clothes before going back to the restroom and quickly undressing and hopping into the shower with Pablo
"Hello there?" Pablo smirks, his hands in his hair as he applies shampoo.
Melissa chuckles. "No funny business we need to hurry just in case Estela wakes up soon" she tells him getting under the water.
He hums, sticking his head into the water, washing off the shampoo.
Lucky them having a big shower..
Pablo quickly finishes his shower, getting out and quickly changing before leaving his girlfriend in the shower alone.
After finishing up her shower. Melissa steps out, changing into a pair of sweatpants and one of Pablo's hoodies before starting her skincare.
She walks out of the bathroom, to see Pablo leaning back against the headboard, while Estela laid on his lap, her head resting on his chest. Melissa frowns at her daughter's appearance. The tip of her nose was a pink color and her lips parted as she breathed through her mouth.
"she said she doesn't feel good" The boys says as he cradles his daughter closer.
Melissa walks over to the two on the bed, reaching her hand and resting it on the girls forehead, moving it down to her cheek then neck before grabbing the thermometer to make sure she was right.
"She has a fever" she whisper.
Confused on how sudden the fever came, she makes her way down the stairs and into the kitchen, grabbing a few crackers then grabbing medicine.
Going back to her family, she asks the little girl to eat the two crackers as she gets the medicine ready.
Pablo cringes at the sight of the medicine, remembering back when his mom used to force him to drink it when he had a fever.
"Drink this baby" Melissa says, as she sits on the bed in front of of daughter.
Instantly intrigued by the pretty red color, she opens her mouth wide for her mom as she pops the syringe in her mouth.
as soon as the medicine lands on the girls takes buds, Estela is quick to turn her head away and spit out the medicine onto her dad.
"Estela" Melissa scolds as she quickly stands up to find something to clean with.
Pablo stares at his chest in pure disgust as the red medicine starts to drip down to his stomach.
"dad life" he mumbles quietly as Melissa hands him a tissue.
Melissa refills the medicine and looks at Estela who had teary eyes.
"Estela mi corazón, you have to drink this so you feel better" the mom says as she inches closer with the syringe.
The little girl shakes her head, pushing the medicine away.
"Estela" Melissa say in a warning tone.
Tears start to fall down estela eyes as she shakes her head. "Yuck" she says, leaning into Pablo who held her close now.
Melissa looks over at Pablo with. "Help me" eyes but he just shrugs at her.
The young mom sighs and moves the medicine closer to the girls lips only to have it smack out of her hand and thrown across the bed.
"Estela" Pablo says sternly
"you can't do that" he tells her.
Melissa grabs her daughter out of Pablo arms and stands her up on the bed.
Estela fights against her moms grip, letting out stream of 'no's' as Melissa tries to give her the medicine again.
"Estela por favor" Melissa says starting to get impatient.
She looks at Pablo again who sat their with a plain look on his face.
"Pab-" Melissa was cut off when she felt a small hand smack her cheek.
Her mouth falls slightly open at the 2 year old.
Pablo eyes widen at what just happened in front of him before he quickly turns the girl around changing his face from shocked to stern.
He grips her small arms tightly but not tight enough to hurt her.
"we don't hit people Estela, do you hear me? We don't hit people and we especially don't hit mama" he says sternly.
The 2 year old keeps cry as she falls into her dads chest mumbling something about how 'mama is being mean'
In frustration, Melissa stands up from the bed, putting the syringe full of medicine on the nightstand before she storms downstairs.
She grabs a towel, soaking it in cold water before heading back upstairs.
"Im going to put this on your forehead, Estela" Estela whines against her dads arms.
"Estela" Pablo grabs the rag from his girlfriend, being able to see that she was moments away from losing it.
Pablo gently rest the rag on her forehead as she rest in his arms, still quietly crying.
Melissa sighs, walking out of the room and down to the living room.

A/n: some of this is based on what my 2 yr old nephew did 🕺🏻