thirty-seven.

Back on the Bowie in Counter-Earth, Rocket took a deep breath, jolting awake.

The heart monitor started to beep heavily again, and Eleanor smiled widely in pure delight that Rocket was alive. Her eyes were still damp and slightly blood-shot, but she rubbed them dry and then wiped her hands on her suit.

"The passkey's going through!" Peter said in amazement.

Gamora grabbed a Med-Pak, grunting as she ripped it open and placed it on the raccoon. Peter took off the oxygen mask, and unclipped the wire from his body. Rocket started to cough, and he looked up at Peter, "Quill?". Gamora removed the Med-Pak from his body.

Peter started to cry and held Rocket close to him. Groot grabbed Eleanor, bringing the girl into the group hug. She wrapped her arms around her dad and her hands gently squeezed Rocket's body. Rocket panted slowly as he nuzzled his head in between them.

Gamora smiled to herself watching them.

"Where's Nebula?" Rocket asked, as they broke off the hug, "Because her code is on the comm behind you." he pointed.

"What?" Peter said, and he pressed on his comm, "Nebula?"

"Where are you?" she replied.

"Oh, thank God!"

"We're here to get you out of here." she said.

"Out of where?"

"The High Evolutionary's ship."

"No, I got off the ship."

"You what?"

"Wait, where are you?"

"On the ship!"

"On the ship?"

"I didn't lie."

"Why are you on the ship?"

"To save you, obviously."

"No, I told you to go back. You gotta know by now I always figure out an incredible clever way to get out of a fix."

"Tell him I said hi." Drax said.

"Really?" Nebula replied to him.

"Tell him we're coming to save him." added Drax.

"Pay attention or play with the kids," Nebula said to him, "One or the other."

"'Play with the kids?'" Gamora questioned.

"How did you get out?" asked Mantis.

Peter pulled a face, "That's not really important."

"I am Groot." Groot said, right into the comm.

Eleanor's jaw dropped.

"Jumping a thousand feet to your death without a parachute is a clever way of getting out of a fix?" Mantis was most definitely judging him.