epilogue.

TEN YEARS LATER...
2036

The front door slammed shut, and Eleanor looked up from the laptop where she was face-timing her dad

The front door slammed shut, and Eleanor looked up from the laptop where she was face-timing her dad. She smiled and looked back to Peter, "The twins are home from school." she informed him.

The two heard Teddy tell the kids to but their bags down on the stairs and to leave their shoes by the door. A couple of seconds later, two blonde haired children ran into the living room.

"Mama!"

"Hi," she kissed the top of their heads, "Hi, babies! How was school?"

"Good!" Sonny said, "We totally don't have homework." he winked at his twin sister who smiled and nodded her head.

"Uh, huh, definitely no homework." added the six-year-old.

Eleanor raised her eyebrows, and Peter laughed. Teddy smiled as he leant against the doorframe. "Definitely no homework, huh?" said Eleanor, "What if I ring your teacher?"

"She'll say that we don't either!" Sonny said, but Gwen looked nervous.

Her brother exited the room with their father following behind, heading to the kitchen. Gwen tiptoed towards her mother, motioning for Eleanor to lean towards her, which she did. "We do have homework," she twiddled with her fingers, "We have to make a family tree."

"A family tree?" copied Eleanor, "Those are pretty fun. Now, where's your brother gone?"

"I'll find him," Gwen giggled, running out of the room, "Sonny!"

Eleanor looked back at her dad on the screen, smiling. He was trying not to laugh. She rolled her eyes at him whilst smiling.

The twins came back into the room with their father following after. Gwen looked pleased with herself whereas Sonny had his head hung, staring annoyed at his sister for snitching.

Gwen sat down on Eleanor's lap and Sonny sat down on the seat on her left hand side, placing his head on her shoulder. "You wanna say hello to Pop-Pop?" Eleanor asked them, and Gwen happily waved at him whilst Sonny just face planted the table and threw his hand up.

"Hello, kiddos," Peter replied, also waving, "Don't you want to do a family tree, Sonny?"

"No."

"It'll be fun!"

"No."

Teddy placed the paper and pens down for the children and then pulled a chair from the side of the table and sat behind them.

"You start with you two," Eleanor explained, pointing at the bottom of the paper, urging each twin to write their own name, "You know your names, right? What's your name?" she tickled Gwen.

"Gwen!" the girl laughed, "I'm Gwen!"

Eleanor tried to tickle her son also, but he just stared at her grumpily, and wrote his name at the bottom in a scribble. Eleanor gave him a look, "Hey, do this sensibly or you'll not have tv privileges for the rest of this week."

Sonny scowled, and he re-wrote his name normally.

Then they added their parents names, though they wrote it as Mama and Dad. Teddy told them about his aunt, May, who had unfortunately passed away when they were fighting against some bad guys. He remembered having a little brother but he couldn't remember who he was, so the twins just put a '?' for him.

And that was Teddy's side of the family done.

They added Pop-Pop - Peter - on, and then he and Eleanor told them about Gamora. The woman who Peter loved and the woman who Eleanor saw as a mom. She told them about her biological mom who she hadn't really been talking to the past few years. Her stepdad, who she completely cut all contact with after he tried to replace her actual father. About her half-siblings who were slightly annoying.

Eleanor and Peter told them about Mantis, and Rocket, and Groot, and Drax, and Nebula. Most of them weren't actually their family by blood but they felt like mentioning them as they were their family for the seven years they had been together.

The two told the twins about Peter's mom who unfortunately died, and her brother - Peter's uncle. About Jason - Peter's grandfather - about Ego - Peter's biological father -, about Yondu, the man who had raised him.

As they told the twins more stories about their family, Sonny started to get more interested in doing his homework.

Finally they were finished, and Eleanor placed a kiss on both her children's hair and ruffled it lovingly.