Ruined Easter

Third Person P.O.V

Jack grunts as he carries Sophie into her room, lowering her to her bed. She yawns and clings into his neck, making him snicker as he pries her arms off and climbs off the bed.

Sophie yawns loudly once more, turning before falling off the bed with a loud 'thump'.

Baby Tooth squeaks as Jack cringes, both gasping as Sophie's mom calls, "Sophie? Is that you?"

He quickly throws a blanket on the sleeping girl, tossing a stuffed lamb with it before quietly leaving and shutting the window softly.

"We should get back," Jack whispers, making Baby Tooth nod with a squeak of agreement.

"Jack!" A voice calls, making him gasp as he looks back.

"Jack, come on!" Another voice laughs, eerily similar to (Y/N)'s.

His brows furrow in confusion as he looks in the distance, Baby Tooth chittering softly in confusion at his behavior.

"Did you just hear (Y/N) calling my name?" Jack questions, making Baby Tooth shake her head in disagreement as he breathes out.

"Jack!" The little girl yells with a giggle, making him pause.

"That-- That voice... I know that voice... And I swear the other one was (Y/N)..." He shakes his head, gasping and looking the direction (Y/N)'s voice comes from.

Jack swiftly takes off flying, Baby Tooth nervously looking back with a squeak of protest as she quickly follows him.

...

He lands on top of a roof, looking around in confusion.

"(Y/N)!" Jack calls, listening. "You out here?"

"Jack?"

He takes off when he hears her voice followed by a little girl laughing, Baby Tooth frantically squeaking at him before she chases.

...

"Jack!" The little girl calls again as he lands in the woods, jogging and pausing when he sees an old wooden bed frame in the clearing.

Baby Tooth chitters with fear, lightly tugging on his hoodie.

"Don't worry, there's still time," Jack shrugs her off, the sun rising in the distance. "(Y/N) might be in trouble, so just hold on."

She rolls her eyes in response, fluttering after him.

Jack looks down into the dark hole past the bed frame, grunting lightly as he uses his staff to chip away at a piece of the old wood. It falls down below, echoing in the tunnel.

"Jack?" (Y/N)'s voice calls, making him gasp.

"(Y/N)? Hang on, I'm coming!" He yells as Baby Tooth looks at him with confusion and fear.

Jack leaps into the tunnel, Baby Tooth following closely.

...

Jack looks around while panting lightly, waving away Baby Tooth as she squeaks in his face.

"Baby Tooth, come on!" He shouts, yelping as she roughly pulls his hoodie back. "Don't you hear (Y/N)? And-And that other voice, I have to find out what that is."

His eyes widen as he looks around at the dangling cages, Tooth's fairies all chittering as he flies to them. Jack hops from cage to cage as they watch him.

"Shh! Keep it down," Jack lightly whispers when he realizes where he was. "I'm gonna get you out of here as soon as I--"

"I love you!"