Interlude: A Merry Wizardly Christmas Break

𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐏𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐘

𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐏𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐘. He knew where the heart was: the center of the thoracic cavity (your chest) and slightly to the left. He slightly knew what it looked like, a point coming down to the left side (called the apex, though he didn't know the title), and it rounded over the top (called the base.)

He also knew it was used a lot in literature to describe love. Perhaps it was because when you are around someone you love, it starts to beat faster. Perhaps it was because it was near the center of your body, all organs seemingly connecting to it — just as a person can with you.

When people were going through a dilemma, others would often tell them to 'follow your heart.' What did that even mean?

He also knew that it consisted within a network. He didn't know much about the network; there was blood, arteries, veins, and oxygen. There was one thing he definitely knew, though. All of this, his blood, his oxygen, his heart... it would eventually belong to someone.

The tall boy laid in his large bed, messing with the snitch that he has had for over six years. His thoughts were only on one girl.

And it wasn't the one who had been around as long as the snitch.

"Mate, what are you thinking about?" Sirius questions his best friend who has been quiet for over thirty minutes. He was scared to ask, as he already knew the answer. He had the same person on his mind.

James didn't stop throwing the snitch. "Adelaide Griffin. Did you know she was pretty?"

Sirius' eyes widened, his heart rate picking up. "Griffin? You two don't hate each other anymore?" He completely ignore the question James asks.

James mind went back to that night. 'No, not just tonight.' He shook his head. "I'm not entirely sure."

James didn't know why he didn't entirely hate Adelaide anymore. It had been gradual, ever since the night she spent in the hospital. He definitely noticed it when she sung that kareoke song. I mean, he almost asked her if they could be friends.

Friends.

How embarrassing would that have been? Thank Merlin for Regulus.

Sirius started to chew on his lip, finding it difficult to come up with a response. He regrets starting this conversation in the first place, feeling his stomach rumble with some type of feeling. Jealousy, maybe? "You're not sure?"