Perfect opportunity

No... It couldn't be.   

How did he find me? Did he secretly embed a tracking device into me or something in case a similar scenario happened?   

That's highly unlikely and really odd... But so was him ending up here in the first place.   

My eyes averted back to my lap and the pile of filth beneath me right after him and I made eye contact.   

"Phil, I... Why are you- you cannot stay here like this, I won't let you." Dan told me in a hushed voice that sounded as if he was attempting to abstain from bursting into sobs.   

That's what it would've sounded like to anyone if they heard him at that moment, but I couldn't make sense of why he would cry over me in the first place.   

"Well Dan, if you don't want me to stay here then I know exactly where to go." Those words crept out of my mouth as I formulated the perfectly destructive plan that I was about to put into action.   

My former bestfriend questioned my intentions by simply raising his eyebrows in a seemingly confused manner.   

Just as I did when I ran away, I planned to respond to him with action. It was destructive this time as well.   

You see, I was lucky enough to find a cave that had a busy intersection not even a few feet away from it.   

Obviously you understand what I'm getting at, hopefully... But Dan doesn't, yet.   

Let's see if he cares in time to save me, or if he even does at all.   

I spotted a huge public transportation bus off in the distance a bit, going a decent speed, probably well over the limit. Perfect. This could be my only chance, and I had to act now.   

I tuned out the rest of the world, even all of my problems, as I focused on the bus. Time seemed to stand still within these moments, and even drag out within my mind.   

It was inching closer, and the feeling of my death about to occur was making my skin crawl, I craved it like a vicious vampire would crave blood of the helpless and innocent.   

It was time.    

I sprinted into the road, blocking out the distorted-sounding shouts that were coming from behind me.   

Everything was black. My memory was nonexistent.  

 I tried to sit up, only to discover that I suffered from a hardcore drill into the left side of my body.   

Managing to open my left eye not even halfway, I could barely see right in front of me. Although I heard a whisper in my ear, which I assumed was coming from the figure hovering over me.   

"Stay down mate, I got you..." Was what it sounded like.   

I don't know, I wasn't exactly in the shape yet to try and make sense of things.   

Whoever witnessed this probably considered me lucky to be alive. I, however, believed the exact opposite.   

"I'm still...breathing" I whispered, nearly inaudibly. "I've failed myself."    

*Dan's POV*  

What the fuck. Is this even happening?  

Having to deal with the fact that I exploded on him because of my own issues, and then him running away, and now THIS?!  

'Just remember this is all your fault, you piece of shit.'  My conscience so pleasantly reminded me.   

I still kept my grip on him, and we were still in the middle of the road, not an inch away from where his life-taking attempt occurred.   

He was so banged-up. His eyes were all red, cheeks bruised, and there was a lump on his head from when he crashed down on the concrete.   

The left side of his torso was the absolute worst, though.   

I peeled up his filthy shirt slightly, seeing the bruises and swollen gashes all up his body.   

Hoping to god that he could walk, I began to help him get to his feet very slowly, allowing him all the time in the world to get himself adjusted and prepare to simply stand up again.   

Once he completed this task, I held him in place on his feet, to steady his unbalanced stance.   

A witness had already called up an ambulance, and signalled to me that they're on their way.   

Even though it's only been a few minutes, I wish they'd hurry up already. My Phil needs to be fixed. He needs to be okay.   

Hold on.   

Did I just mentally call him mine? Why did I-  

Phil began to teeter to one side, and I snapped out of my thoughts to catch him in time. I tightened my grip on him as well, causing him to unclose his eyes the slightest bit.   

They widened a bit more and I couldn't look away. I full-on stared into his deep sea shaded irises, beginning to feel my heart swell up and sink into my empty stomach.   

Oh god, I actually wanted to kiss him so bad it was eating me alive. It was too much for me to comprehend at the time.   

There was actually way too many things I couldn't comprehend now. My goal was to have them sort themselves out eventually, at least.   

That should be simple and obtainable, hopefully.   

The piercing sound of sirens off in the distance began to increase, resulting in a sigh of relief from myself, which I had been hoping I would be able to express.   

The most important thing after this whole mess though, is that Phil is okay.   

Another big concern, well, crucial concern is if WE are going to be okay.   

I had no idea, I really didn't.   

The only option available to me was to wait and talk to him when he is actually able to remember things, and respond to people again.   

This should only take a day or two though, because thankfully it didn't appear that he had a major concussion or anything like that.   

As Phil was lifted into the ambulance while laying on the thin hospital bed, I followed after him and got into the back so I could stay with him.   

My phone began to go off but I didn't care. I'll explain the incident to our friends at a later time.   

I heard a mumble escape Phil's lips that I didn't understand. He probably didn't comprehend it himself, anyway.   

Instead of trying to communicate, I just took his hand and intertwined our fingers together.   

I swear I could see a slight smirk creep up on his face, but I was probably just imagining it.   

Squeezing his hand a bit tighter, mostly trying to comfort him but knowing deep within myself that I held a different meaning behind it, I got lost in my daydreams again.  

Daydreams of being with him like I've been dying to since day one. Daydreams of us being at home, cuddling and kissing, and having a relationship as opposed to this bloody awful conflict.   

But this all just had to wait. I had to first accept that I made the worst mistake of my life, and pay the consequences before anything.   

Seeing Phil injured was enough for me, but knowing it was all my fault made it worse than I could ever explain.   

The only thing I can hope for at this point in time is his forgiveness.