Is it over now?

*Phil's POV*  

I gave Dan's hand a bit of a tight squeeze as we made our way up the steps, and stood outside the front door.   

His mum had asked us to come over, as we had to have a serious discussion about everything that was going on.   

I was actually glad to be here and doing this, because Dan's mum was really nice, and I knew she liked me and  was supportive of our relationship.   

She opened the door right as we approached it, making it obvious she was expecting us any minute now.   

"Hey guys, just come sit in the kitchen and we'll talk at the table." She began to lead us to the kitchen, motioning for us to follow suit. "I made cherry pie, and I also have fresh coffee, if you guys want."  

I smiled, admiring her kindness. "No thank you Mrs. Howell, maybe a bit later."  

"Oh please don't call me Mrs. Howell... I'm no longer married remember?" She sighed and rolled her eyes slightly. "You can call me mum, however."  

I chuckled, and smiled over at Dan, who was also appreciative of her sense of humor.   

"Okay well anyways, serious business now guys..." Dan began to form our 'serious talk' of the night, combing his fingers through his hair probably at the thoughts of how angry it was about to make him, speaking about his 'father' and all.   

"Alright well, your father ended up in hospital after his uh... Encounter with you guys yesterday. I told everyone the truth though, about how you guys all ended up in a brawl..-"   

"you told them EVERYTHING?" Dan interrupted his mum, as he was worry-stricken with the fact that he would be in major trouble now, because he was responsible for 99% of his father's injuries.   

I put a hand on his back and rubbed it softly and affectionately, doing my best to try and comfort him for a minute. He slipped his hand behind his back to grab mine lightly and entwine our fingers together, bringing our hands on top of the table.   

"Dan I had to tell them everything! How would it help us or make as much sense if I lied and told the police he fell or something, if I was meaning to get the restraining order against him? See, since the police know he was being abusive to us, they can clearly understand that your father will be banged-up, as you had to hurt him to defend yourselves."  

Wow, my mum is amazing. She really had her facts straight here. She must've planned this far ahead of time!    "Wow mum I'm sorry for interrupting and stuff, just never thought about that honestly. You've been amazing with helping and supporting us. Thank you so much!" Dan immediately got out of the chair and hugged his mum tighter than ever.   

"Thank you mum, your love and support really makes everything feel worthwhile sometimes, and I can't get over how amazing and smart you really are!" I couldn't help but share all the love floating through the room.   

I took over hugging Dan's mum as soon as Dan pulled away.   

She smiled as she pulled away, then sighed a bit, "I wish I could convince your dad that there's absolutely nothing wrong with you guys loving each other.  Especially since I know you Phil... I know you would never hurt Dan because you're an absolute sweetheart."   

"Mum..." Dan started off, in a pleading sort of tone. "We all know dad won't change no matter what, so some things are better left unsaid. It's absolutely not worth stressing over or wasting time for."   I nodded in complete agreement.   

"You're absolutely right sweetie, and that's why I'm not letting anything else happen to you or Phil. Trust me. Now, should we just go down to the police station and ask for him, or try and seem all official or sophisticted?"