Your forever is all that I need

*Dan's POV*  

We made it back to our flat, finally.   

The car ride home from the police station was a billion times better than the one we had going there, as we weren't worried anymore, about anything.   

My mum was free from my dad, she could go out and do whatever she wanted. She wasn't that old yet, so he could even find a new man for herself, who knows. I'm sure she doesn't even need that to be happy though. Plus, she knows Phil and I will be there for her with everything, too.   

As for Phil and I, it was amazing for us not having an ounce of stress on our shoulders anymore.    We could finally be together like we always had wanted, without any hesitations or interruptions this time.   

We took this all in as we sat down on the sofa in our living room. Finally, we could relax both physically AND mentally.   

This is something I could definitely get used to, I thought.   

"Dan?" Phil whispered from the right side of me, causing me to turn my head to look at him.   

"Yeah Phil?"  

"Can you believe it? We're finally free. We can finally live the life we want to live, and nothing will stop us from doing anything anymore. I can't begin to tell you how great it is to be doing what we love most for a living, and to be with you, and have support from everybody that we love. It's the greatest feeling in the world." Phil said and smiling enthusiastically, tearing up from pure happiness and satisfaction.   

I loved that he felt this way, and I absolutely agreed with him. I seriously couldn't ask for anything more, and I hope nothing ever changes. Which I know it won't, because I'll always have him. That's a promise.   

You want to know why I feel so strongly about this? There's a ring in my pocket. And soon Phil will be wearing it instead.  

Very soon, in fact.   

I'm asking him now. I can't wait anymore. This moment is perfect.   

"You're absolutely right, Phil. Nothing will stop us doing anything, ever. Just like nothing is stopping me from doing this."   

Phil had a slightly confused look on his face, but his expression switched to shock as he saw me pull out the ring from my pocket.   

"Phil, my love, the one who I've been to hell and back with, through love and hate with, through life and near-death with... Will you please be mine forever, and marry me?"   

He paused for a moment, probably contemplating how to respond.   

Suddenly, he threw his arms around me and tackled me on the sofa, kissing me firmly but softly, as if he's never meant anything more.   

When he broke away and gazed into my eyes, he finally replied with the one word I've been dying to hear, "yes".  

I placed the ring on his finger gently, looking up at him as I did.  

"I love you so much Dan" he said, with a sparkle in his eye that I admired.   

"I love you too, Phil. Always."  

We both smiled at each other, as we realized this is how it would always be until the day we died.   

This may seem too good to be true, but I can assure you that it's real. 

                      _________________________________________________________

There you go, guys! A nice, happy ending for you all :) I've loved writing this phanfic, and I can assure you there are many more on the way. Thanks for reading!x