A dream come true

*Phil's POV*  

I had to tell him, I seriously could not hold it back any longer, especially after he kissed me.    Honestly I was just waiting for some clue, the tiniest thing, hinting that he liked me...in that way.   

Of course I realized I may've been waiting for nothing, as he was probably not interested in me as being more than his bestfriend.   

But man oh man, I'm actually proud to  have been wrong for once.   

I once again turned my head to catch a glimpse of him, and try to let all his perfection sink in.   

It never could, though. He was too perfect for anyone to comprehend. I don't deserve a companion like him, let me tell you.   

I reached over to his hand, as I was longing to link our fingers together at last.   

This elicited a breathtaking smile from him that I just couldn't ignore.   

Wait a minute.   

It just seeped into my thick skull that all of this was real, and I no longer had to dream of it. All of it was mine.  He was mine. I couldn't ask for anything more.   

How had I not told him about the dreams though? I really think I should, as I seem to believe they maybe led up to this... Oddly.   

"Dan?" I questioned him for his full attention.   

"Hm?" He looked deep within my eyes and smiled. I had to look away, as I felt a blush rise upon my cheeks.   

"So these dreams I've been having... They've been so strange (but so perfect dkdkskekdkskd omg) and honestly, I think they have lead up to us being together. Call me crazy, but it's as if my dreams are like fortunes, showing me what's gonna happen in my future. I'm not a wizard though... I don't think" I had to make it sound kinda jokey in a way because well, I didn't want him thinking I was mental.   

"Oh um, interesting but, what have these dreams exactly been of lately?" Dan questioned me, squinting slightly in obvious confusion.   

"Well it was always something, or someone with brown eyes. It eventually led up to me cuddling with them, and/or always kissing them. Basically it was a recurring dream, and  I was having it again when I woke up to you kissing me..."  I informed him of all this, because number 1, I wanted to try and get to the bottom of it. And number 2, I of course wanted to know what he thought about it.   

"Well I can truly see how you believe in it, seriously. Because just look at where we were a few days ago, and look at where we are now. Right from the start, with the fighting and everything, you had to assume that it would all be alright. Didn't you?" Dan was expressing his viewpoint clearly, but I didn't quite make sense of his question.   

"Um what exactly do you mean by that?" I asked him plainly.   

"The dreams could have been telling you that we would be okay, because you still had these dreams when we were fighting. And well also because... I was your bestfriend. I would've never given up on you. Ever." Dan smiled and squeezed my hand tighter, making my face explode with a huge grin once more.   

"I guess that really does make sense honestly. Wow, dreams are so weird... But so helpful. The only difference between them and you is that dreams are just dreams, and you're a dream come true for me." Gosh, I couldn't help but be all cheesy with him now, but at least he was returning the favor.   

We ended up squishing our lips together again, further proving my former dreams were finally a reality.   

I broke apart from him gently to pull the warm covers over our bodies.   

He snuggled up closer to me, and made me even more comfortable by snaking his arms around my waist.   

One of my arms was already under my pillow, as it's a usual position for me. My other arm went straight around Dan, though.   

We both smiled as we laid perfectly in each other's embrace.   

"Goodnight Dan, I love you so much." I pressed a tiny kiss to the corner of his mouth.   

He smiled and whispered, "goodnight babe, I love you too" while gazing at me through half-lidded eyes.   

Both of us drifted off to the world of dreams together.   

What I didn't know was that I'd end up having a new set of dreams... And they weren't exactly a fairytale.