How did it come to this?

*Phil's POV*  

He was sat there sobbing, clutching his chest as if he was stabbed. It seemed so odd, I had no clue why he was doing this, or who he even was.   

I felt as if it was my duty to check on him, and make sure he was alright.   

Though he was very blurry and difficult to see, I sat down next to him and leant against the wall behind us.   

"Are you okay?" I whispered, secretly hoping that I wouldn't be creeping him out by just randomly asking this.   

"N-No, Phil, I'm not even close to being okay..." I swear this was his response. His fading voice was barely above a whisper, so it wasn't too easy to understand him.   

I pulled him in for a tight embrace to try and comfort him further, as I had no clue how to respond to him by speaking.   

"I'll always love you..." He murmured against my chest.   

Before I could even fathom what he said, everything began to darken, and I was sucked into another universe.   

Reality.  

I gasped and shot up in bed as soon as my eyes opened.   

What the hell... I don't know. All I recall is sobbing, hugging, and hearing "I'll always love you."  

Well, I'm pretty sure it's more than obvious that Dan is in my dreams no matter what they are.   

I love having him in them, but I despise it when he's hurt or upset in them.   

This seemed to be the case with most of my dreams lately, and it made me want to never sleep.   

I snuggled closer into Dan, who was always by my side now while I slept.   

I smiled and pressed a soft kiss to the top of his head, which was now resting on my chest, as he snuggled closer into me as well.   

Being able to simply hold him made me forget about all the traumatizing experiences going on within my dreams... Well, nightmares.  

I just wish I could understand what they meant. But, I didn't exactly want to understand them by going through these experiences in real life...anything but that.   

*Dan's POV*  

I finally decided to open my eyes, after a few minutes of being awake but simply acting as if I wasn't.   

It woke me up when I felt Phil jolt awake, but I didn't want to question it or anything so I decided to continue "sleeping".  

Phil's eyes were closed, so I had assumed he was asleep again, until he blinked and peered down at me.   

"Good morning, sunshine" he greeted me, smiling, as he does usually every morning.   

I grinned like a fool, "good morning Phil."  

You have no idea how nice it is to wake up to something as lovely as that every morning. Well, and someone as lovely as that.   

He wrapped me up tighter within his arms, which he always did, and I loved it.   

"So Phil, did you have the pleasure of seeing this face in your dreams again?" I gestured to my own face, jokingly.   

Phil had to have known I was only joking, as I didn't exactly consider my face, or anything about myself worthwhile.   

That was one of the biggest topics we've gotten into arguments about, because he always tells me that I'm "perfect", and I never give in to agreeing.   

He was the perfect one here. And yes, he disagrees with that too.   

"Actually yes I did, but it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience..." He sighed slightly before continuing. "Well, it wasn't like the last one where you were screaming and going mad, but this one was more... Emotional."  

I squinted and raised my eyebrows, which was my way of showing interest and asking him to continue, without saying a word.   

"... Well you were crying and holding onto your chest tightly... It didn't seem like you were injured, but you were torn-up internally. In your heart. The last thing I remember is you telling me you'll always love me."  

I clutched onto Phil tighter after I heard this, as I was hoping this dream wasn't what it sounded like.    Me, heartbroken... Phil there... He wanted us over, didn't he? No he couldn't... We barely even began for christ sake.   

"Phil. What does this-"   

"Remember my dream from the previous night?" Phil interrupted to question me.   

"Yeah, the screaming phone call, i remember." I said this in a tone that reflected that fact that I didn't want to remember. "I... Oh I see what you mean. If you try and put the two together it... But Phil! I would never let my dad's opinions effect us! How would he even find out?!" I was sort of freaking out, but I don't even know why.   

Because honestly, how COULD my dad find out? We haven't had contact for years and years, I doubt he'd be able to find my YouTube channel and see my videos or something.   

Not like he even cared about them or me enough to watch them anyways.   

I turned my gaze over to Phil, who was now scrolling through the comments on our new video, when his giggle and smile quickly dropped into an awkward, upset sort of expression.   

"Phil what's-"  

"Dan. Look at this. Read this. Right now." Phil added extra pauses between words for emphasis I suppose.   

"Dan... We need to talk. Be prepared." I read the comment out loud, not believing my eyes.   

The name of the person who left this comment was one I certainly knew, but never thought of (or never tried to) them much at all.   

It was my father.   

My phone began to ring violently, as I looked over at Phil to show him who it was.   

Did I have to answer? Could I block this number? Can I just scream in horror??  

It was him. My father was calling me.   

I tried so hard to wake myself from this nightmare, but it was all too real.