6

Lara P.O.V

Evy took out the key again and opened it to where it turned into a star at the top before she placed it on top of the sarcophagus and turned. Rick and Jonathan pushed it open "AHHHHHH!" 2 women had scream Rick and I just looked surprised "nice screamed Nancy would you like to go shoe shopping later?" I asked Jonathan in a reading way "no I have enough shoes!" he said trying to catch his breath. "Is this supposed to looked like that?" Rick ask me " no to be honest he should be nothing but bone-maybe dust- the mummy still had what look like flesh still stuck on the bone he look like-" I said trying to find the word to describe it "juicy?" Rick asked. "Yeah juicy" ,e and Evy confirmed, I looked at the lid of the sarcophagus I see scratches like he was- "Buried alive" I said as I lean down and traced the scratched with my nails.

"Death is only the beginning" I said aloud and gasp I thought I heard a scream "are you ok Lara" Rick ask as he look at me worried as Evy and Jonathan "yes" I said, maybe am losing my mind

"What do you supposed killed him?" Evy asked, I shrugged as I clean my swords "I don't know have you seen him eat?" Jonathan asked I haven't and I don't want to. I felt Rick sit next to me "what did the Americans have to say for their day?" I asked as he got comfortable, "it would seen they also had a little misfortune on their own today. 3 of their diggers were un...melted" Rick told us "Melted! what?" Evy asked in shocked and horrified "how?" Jonathan asked, " Salt acid. Pressurized Salt acid. Its some kind of ancient bloody trap" I said.

"Maybe this place really is cursed" Jonathan said, just then the wind picked up and blew at the fire "Nefertiti" someone or something whispered into my ears

"Maybe this place really is cursed" Jonathan said, just then the wind picked up and blew at the fire "Nefertiti" someone or something whispered into my ears. "Oh goodness you two! "Evy shouted at the boys for their expression, this had been dream of hers, to be at a place like this a real life adventure. "You don't honestly believed this do you?" she asked me " I believe in watching my back and being prepared" I answered her truthfully as I looked back at the flames that crackled. "You don't believed in curses?" Rick asked, "I believed if I can see it and touch it its real, that's what I believe!" Evy said, "Well I believed in being prepared like Lara" Rick said picking up his guns "let's see what our smelly friend believed in" Jonathan said as he started to go through the wardens bag. Suddenly he screamed making me jump as me and rick pull out our guns, "what is it?" I asked him "a broken bottle" Jonathan said slightly calm. Me and Rick glare at him as he pulled out the bottle " Glenlivet. 12 years old! He may have been a stinky fellow, but he had good taste!" Jonathan said taking a huge sip from it.