8

Rick P.O.V

As we stood there with the crazy desert people while I talked to the leader in the corner of eye I saw Lara sway a little, I paid attention fully concerned. Everything went steal when she fell into my arms it was like she couldn't move "Lara are you okay?" I asked her everyone was looking at her some with concern while the other looked horrified Lara just starred at the sky emotionless. What the hell? I thought as her eyes began to fill with white clouded. What the hell is going on with her? I thought.

I picked her up light body bridal style. " LARA!" I called out hoping that it would bring her out of this state. I seen the leader walk over fully concern " what's wrong? what happened?" he asked "I don't know" I told him. He was about to take her out of my arms till I threw her over my shoulders and took out one of my guns and aimed it at him "your foolish! I'm trying to help her" he told me as he glared harshly at me I glared back " I don't want my sister anywhere near you! There's no way in hell I'll let you near her in this state who know what the hell you or your people might do to her while she can't move!" I growled.

He looked at me like I've gone insane "we're here to protect her! We would give our life to protect her" I glared at him harsher when he said they would protect her " well she's my sister I would give my sole to protect her, and you guys did a great job when you tried to kill her at the boat and that night" I yelled at him.

We continue to glare at each other till Evy step forward " Now you two shut up and think how to wake her up, she'd don't need you fighting over who could protect her better rather she would like if you two work together" she said lowering my gun. She look up at me with a slight scowl "Rick you don't hold or carry a women over you shoulder" Evy said. I took Lara off my shoulder and held her in both arms.

"To win a battle one must loose a fight within team. Fall back and let another lead. You may hate but serve fate and protect thee" I heard Lara say something in different language but it wasn't just her voice it sound like many others. "What did she said?" Henderson asked as he stood up but stayed near Burns. Evy looked over at him and said " she said 'to win a battle one must loose a fight within team. Fall back and let another lead. You may hate but serve fate and protect thee" she translated. " You must go! Now and keep Her safe!" The medjai leader ordered "we must go now on a hunt and try to find a way to kill him" he said as they were about to walked out.

 " You must go! Now and keep Her safe!" The medjai leader ordered "we must go now on a hunt and try to find a way to kill him" he said as they were about to walked out

" I already told you, I got him" I said. He stops walking and looks back " know this, this creature is the bringer of death. He will never eat, he will sleep, and he will never stop" he finished before turning around and walking out. We all get out as we mound our camels and horse we make our way back to the city Lara's horse follow with all her things on his back.

When we got back to the city Lara was still in the same state " when will she wake up?" I asked as I sit near her while she lye on the bed her eyes where now close but her body has a slight glow. "I don't know Rick I'm so sorry that your so worried! You must truly love your sister!" Evy said. "She's my salvation. When every things goes wrong I can always think of Lara and she some how appear either by hallucination or for real" I told her as I picked up Lara hand in my hand while rubbing it slightly. "Would you like me to call for a doctor to do a check up?" Evy asked concern for Lara it couldn't hurt maybe a doctor can give her something and she would wake up. "Yeah... please do" I said glancing at Evy she as she nod and walked out of the door the room. "Hey can you help change Lara cloth after she wake up" I ask her she nod " alright the doctor said he should be here soon" Evy said gently as she left the room I close the door. I turned around and slide down the door as some tear fell from my eyes and rolled down my cheek " Lara you have to wake up from this... please" I whispered. I was never the one to show emotion to anyone but Lara and she learn to do the same she was great at hiding pain she is great at many things.

Soon there was a knock on the door pushing myself up wiping my tear away I open the door to see a women in a dark purple long sleeve dress that didn't show one piece of skin and she wore a veil to cover her face and hair. " You must be princess's brother I'm Ardeth cousin he has asked me to come here to make sure that princess was alright" she told me walking in and towards Lara " what's your name?" I asked closing the door "Lilly" she told me as I sit in the chair by the bed.

We stayed silent for the next 10 minutes till there was another knock on the door getting up I glanced at the women to see her clutching something and glaring at the door I opened it and a man stood there with a black medical bag "did you called for a doctor?" he asked with a British accent " a friend did-Evy" I told him letting him in. " Oh yes very nice lady" he said walking in "So that's the sleeping beauty huh?" he asked as he made his way over to the bed he took a small flash light out of his bag and turned it on before opening Lara's eyes dilated that's good. The doctor said taking something else out "her heart beathing is a little slower then average person in a sleep state" he told me taking out another thing " her body temperature is lower then it should be- have she been eating this week?" the doctor asked.

I nodded even though it was enough food that she was eating "okay I suggest that she eats lots of green, fruit, and turkey. She also needs lots of water the regular 8 glasses a day plus she needs to be in the sun being in rooms like this doesn't help also give her this and I'm she will be healthy once again" he told me handing me some liquid "thanks" I said taking out my wallet "you don't have to pay me I'm doing this for Evy" he said walking out of the room " hope she gets better if not call me" he said as Evy walked into the room look at the women " she here for Lara" I told Evy. " I know you your Terrence daughter 'Evy said " hello Evy " Lily greet her "father was worried about princess so he want to know if she was okay" Lily said to Evy. Evy walked to the bathroom as she helped changing Lara's cloth as Lily take her leave. The room turn slightly colder and darker but something was blinding bright I covered my eyes as it got brighter.

"Born from mortal blessed by gods.

Born from mortal blessed by gods." Voice spoke in another language.

" A warrior of the Gods." They chanted as the light died down.

I looked over at a fully awake Lara "Rick?" she asked as she slowly got out of the bed "Lara?" I asked as I quickly walked towards her and hugged her tightly. "Rick" she said hugging me back.

" What happen to you?" I asked sitting her down on the bed as I kneel in front of her looking at her her suddenly each of her pupil split into two as sone words slowly cover her forehead and cheeks.

" Whoa!" I said as her features turn into more godly like " A warrior of the gods " was all she said to me