Corruption (S1)

I SAID I WOULD DO IT 😍😍
It's my first time writing a corrupted AU, so it's gonna be pretty shit
I am writing this at 2 a.m., so apologies for all the problems with it
Also, thank you for 3k views, ahhh ❤️
This chapter might be a bit longer than some of the other oneshots, and if it does well, I might make another book just for this AU bc I love writing it <3

Empires S1, Jimmy's POV, set after the Rapture. It's another ending where instead of sacrificing himself, he gives in to Xornoth's corruption and helps him, along with corrupted Joey and Shelby, to destroy the emperors.

~
Jimmy's POV:

Scott, my husband stood opposite me in the Cod Empire. Or what remains of it after the Rapture. The Empire is destroyed due to Xornoth's corruption. After Rivendel was destroyed, Scott joined his brother. Shelby of the Undergrove and Joey of the Lost Empire also joined forces with Xornoth.
The remaining emperors are just me, Katherine, Fwip, and Gem.

The Rapture broke Lizzie's sacred connection to the Ocean, and she lost all memories of this world. Pearl and Sausage are long gone, and so are the others.

Scott looked pleadingly at Jimmy, attempting to persuade him to his side.

'What's your decision, dear? You know I'm right. You've seen the way they've all failed. Join me, and together, we can start a new and glorious empire. We will destroy all that dares to get in our way. Once you help me and my brother kill all your friends, that is.' Scott says calmly.

Jimmy was torn. He loved his husband, but he could not deny his convictions. He was strong enough not to let his feelings cloud his mind.

'I can't, Scott. I'm sorry, but I can't let you kill them.'

Scott's expression turned to one of anger.

'Well darling, it's me or them.' He says a bit of anger in his voice.

'I can't, Scott.'

'What do you mean, you can't? Don't you see the truth? This is the way forward.' Scott says angrily

"It's not, Scott. I know it's not. I can't do this."

Scott's eyes filled with sadness, but also, he knew he had to be stern.

'Listen, Jimmy. I've made up my mind, and I'm not changing it. Either you join me, or you become my enemy.'

'Guess we will be enemies then,' I reply, and Scott's expression changes to one of betrayal before he quickly goes back to normal.

Nobody's POV:

"Enough talk!" Scott shouted, his temper finally giving way to frustration. He lunged towards Jimmy with the rune sword raised, eyes filled with rage.

Jimmy was fast, though, and he dodged out of the way just in time. He was unarmed, but that didn't mean that he was defenceless.
He ducked and rolled quickly under Scott's legs, coming out the other side behind him. Then, he spun around quickly and swept his leg, toppling his husband over and pinning him to the ground.

'Scott, you can still choose the right thing,' Jimmy said, trying to convince him.
'If we kill Xornoth, then we can live peacefully, not just us, but the other remaining emperors too! We can start a new life, we don't have to do this, ok? Don't listen to Xornoth, I promise he's not worth it. I am' He tried to reason, but Scott's expression was cold.

'Why should I trust you?' He says coldly.

'Dont you realise what you've done? Pearl is dead. Lizzie is gone. So is Sausage and Joel. Pix and Katherine ran away, and you and Joey have tricked Shelby into siding with Xornoth. All the empires are destroyed, and I know that was my and Fwip's fault, but we can fix it! We can build new empires in another world if you just come with us. Please don't listen to Xornoth. He's tricking you, can't you see that? He doesn't need you or Shelby or Joey! He's going to kill you as soon as he doesn't need you anymore!' Jimmy says desperately.

Scott just stares at him.

Jimmy attempts to tell Scott that what he's doing is wrong, trying every tactic in order to sway his stubborn mind.

However, Scott is too far gone — he's already made his decision and refuses to listen to reason.

At this point, the fight is inevitable. Jimmy must choose to either join Scott or fight him and prevent his plan from succeeding.

In the end, despite his love, Jimmy realizes that stopping Scott is the only way.

Jimmy looks at Xornoth, who is standing a few metres behind Scott.
'Scott, please,' He says, trying to change his stubborn mind.

Jimmy thinks of an idea. He reaches into his pocket and grabs a poppy. The flower Scott gave to him on their first date. He hands it to Scott, hoping it'll help free him of Xornoth's corruption.

Scott takes the flower gently, staring at it. He turns to look at Xornoth. He's been freed from his corruption.

He knows that Shelby isn't siding with Xornoth. She's just afraid and doesn't want to die. Joey, however, is staying with Xornoth as he is convinced that Xornoth loves him.

'I'll never stay with you,' Scott says coldly before giving the flower back to Jimmy, winking when Xornoth isn't looking. He walks up to Xornoth and Shelby and Joey.

Xornoth smiles wickedly when he sees that Scott has made up his mind.

'Go kill him, along with the other two' Xornoth growls, pointing at Gem and Fwip.

'Of course, brother,' Scott says. He turns to walk towards them but then suddenly turns round and stabs Xornoth in the chest with the rune blade.

'XORNOTH!' Joey screams as he disappears into red particles.

He looks at Scott, anger in his tone.
'How dare you!' He growls.
'How dare you kill MY boyfriend! How about I kill your precious Jimmy? Will that teach you-' Joey starts but is interrupted by Scott taking Xornoth's crown of his head and throwing it to the floor, freeing him of the corruption. Joey looks confused.
'What happened?' He asks Shelby, who's standing next to her looking afraid.
'Shelby Xornoth is gone its okay now,' Scott says, and the young Gnome relaxes. Scott walks up to Jimmy while the other 2 talk to Gem and Fwip.

'Now, what were you saying about building a new Empire?' He asks as they walk off in the distance.

~END~

I love writing corrupted Scott AU, so I might write another part 😍

marriottinc gave me the idea to break up the husbands, but I had to do a happy ending because ik if I don't, SOME people will kill me 💀

I might write another chapter where I break up the husbands, if your confused at the end of this one when they walk off in the distance, it's following the fantheory that Jimmy and Scott in season 2 remember season 1 past life because they left it together. But in the new life their not allowed to be together because the other emperors will get suspicious.

I hope you enjoyed reading it and tysm again for 3000 views! ♡ I'm planning on finishing the rest of the Oneshot requests later this week and writing the next chapter to my Past Lifes book :)
Consider commenting if you enjoyed it! :D

Have a lovely day, and take care of yourself xx

-willow 💚