what are you doing? (requested)

You slowly opened your eyes as something that you'd never heard before caught your attention.

You rubbed your tired eyes to find that the lamp across the room was on and Taylor was sitting at the desk with her phone near her lips as she recorded something in her voice notes.

You furrowed your eyebrows over what you were hearing, wondering where on earth she came up with it.

"Ratattatata ratattata ratattata."

"Uh, Tay?" You groggily spoke. "What are you doing, baby? It's two am."

She stopped recording for a moment as she looked over at you.

"Oh, I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to wake you." She said as a smile pulled at her lips. "I just woke up a few minutes ago with this sound in my head and I couldn't get it out. I knew I had to record it so I don't forget it. It's so catchy, I just knew it had to be in one of my future songs!"

"It's very interesting, I've never heard anything like it."

"In a good way or a bad way?" She asked and watched you shake your head with a smile.

"Good, of course, baby. You know I love everything you do. You're a genius."

She laughed as she gazed at you.

"It woke me up. It wouldn't stop going around in my head. At first, it was annoying but now I'm kinda obsessed with it. It's so catchy and easily gets stuck in your head."

You nodded as you pushed away the blankets and got out of bed, making your way to her before wrapping her in your arms.

"I want it to come after the chorus but I don't want it to be in my voice. I want it to sound different."

"Well I just know that it's going to be great, no matter what voice it's in and no matter how it sounds. It's perfect, baby. Very catchy and infectious. It's definitely going to be stuck in people's heads once they hear it. It's already stuck in mine."

She giggled as she kissed your arm softly.

"That's exactly what I'm going for." She smiled. "Thank you for being so supportive and for listening to me explain these things at two am. I know you're tired but you still listen and support me. You're wonderful, baby. I'm so lucky."

"I just love you, Tay. The things that are important to you are important to me too and when it comes to your music, you know I'm your number one fan." You promised as you kissed her cheek softly.

She started up her voice memos once more and recorded the sound a few more times as you continued to hold onto her, smiling proudly.

She stopped it again a moment later and then locked her phone, ready to stop and head back to bed with you.

"All good, baby?" You asked as she got up.

"Yeah." She smiled and stole a few kisses from your lips before heading back to bed with you.

"Ratattata." You quietly mumbled as you crawled back under the covers and Taylor just grinned, knowing that you truly were her biggest fan.