Field trip (Part 7)

There he is.

Luka.

In his white t-shirt with a black Jagged Stone imprint and black jeans ripped at the knees.

This is probably the first time I have seen him this up close personally.

I then gave a secret glance to Gabriel.

He hardly changed his expression but I can't help but notice that slight lifting on the corner of his mouth.

Yep. It's about to begin for real this time.

Luka was looking at a portrait of some opera which was sticking to the wall and looked at us when Dupain-Cheng shouted his name.

Julika let out a smile on meeting eyes with her brother but Dupain-Cheng ran to him even before she reached him and started talking.

" Oh my god, Luka! Been a while since we last met! " She was practically shouting.

Luka so noticeably lit up on meeting Dupain-Cheng as well, as if all his dreams came true.

.... Gross....

I get goosebumps thanks to this not-so-much-of-a-simp.

Every one then reached him as well and started talking to him.

In split moments, the once studious environment turned into a whole joyous mood.

It was like a large reunion where I, as always, was not invited... And the adults.

" You should say hello to him too. " Gabriel said to me by looking at me over his shoulder.

I closed my eyes halfway with a bored expression, took my sweet moment and said,
" I never knew that the head of the Agreste family had a hearing problem. Or was it Amnesia? Should I call my butler to look for a doctor for you? "

" ... You have become quite hostile, haven't you? I still remember how you used to say that soon you will marry my son and that you are my future daughter-in-law. "

" Yeah, I remember, but I also remember the way you looked at me after that like I was some fly that likes to hover over your son. "

" ... "

" My memories are really good unlike you who forgot what I said just a while ago. " I scanned him bottom to top, took a moment again. " Humf! Quite the parent you were who hated the 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 friend of your absolutely isolated child. With the kind of parent you were I kind of predicted that your son would turn out to be socially awkward. Good for you that isn't the case. "

He went completely silent.

I do wonder how though. In normal cases a child cut out from the outside world is not expected to be so.. So good at interactions but there he is, doing all the conversations as if that is his second nature.

" * sigh *, you don't possibly want to be taunted more than already, right? If you do I am always here and if you don't then kindly 𝗱𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘁 talk to me. "

He frowned his eyebrows and anger ran down his face,
" Who are you to question me about my parenting? "

Eyes on the group of my classmates and utterly not caring about this maniac, I said,
" Then who are you to tell me I should befriend your son again? "

He, once again, went silent.

" You should mind your language, young lady? " Said Natalie with obvious little hostility in her voice.

" And a secretary should not jump in a conversation between the two whose social position is higher than them unless told to do so. " I gave here a side glance. " And that's a basic etiquette. " And looked away.