Her treasure

After that whole commotion of the field trip, we returned to Paris late. It was night already, around 8 pm.

Even though it was Paris, even though it's a big city where the lights glitters all over the place and even though stores were open as ever, the streets were lone.

Hardly anyone was walking the paths, that kind of lone streets. The kind that a capital such as Paris shouldn't be.

I guess this is why Cat Noir able to meet Dupain-Cheng without getting caught... More like that's how they made the setting for the show.

I glanced at my other classmates that were walking down the streets with me.

I would have called John won before reaching the station had it not been for Miss Bustier's whim on 'we should all walk our way home on foot after such a long day'. It was supposed to make us feel refreshed and I can see how it had worked on some but to me it is another plain walk to stretch my body up after such a frustrating day.

After one point it was just me and Zoe walking alone in those lone streets. I wanted to call John whii but Zoe seems to be enjoying herself out here...

Yeah, let's just walk home.

" You worked hard. "

Suddenly Zoe said those words to me and I looked at her in her eyes.

How did you know I was there? It was Visperia who was supposed to know not Zoe. You know that question has the potential to reveal your identity?

Oh wait, right, I just remember you were in the 'run away from Reflecta' group with me back then.

Though, her words left me silent.

No one has told me that I worked hard today. Actually no one came to talk to me except Julika on our way home and Rose who bided me farewell when we parted ways just now.

" Yeah. " I finally said and looked ahead.

" ... "

" ... "

I noticed that Zoe was playing with her fingers.

Are you nervous? Why?

" Chloe. " She spoke again. " Are you hurt somewhere? "

" .... Are you perhaps worried about me? "

She was looking down, nervously, and then nodded her head.

" ... "

" ... "

" ... Nah... I was hurt when that commotion was still going on and I had to fight Reflecta all on my own but now I am fine. "

" I see. Good to know.... Are you exhausted? "

" .. Yeah.. Alot. So much so that I might just sleep till noon tomorrow. "

" Should we call Mr. John? "

" .... Nah. It is refreshing like this to just walk in empty yet shining streets. It's a little peaceful tonight. "

" I see.. I am also enjoying myself here. Guess Miss Bustier's way to cheer us up did work. "

" But it was not a safe choice. "

" Hm? How? "

" In the end we have to walk alone in the lone streets. I am worried about the girls who have to walk alone to their houses. "

" ... You are worried about them? "

" Yeah. "

Zoe smiled and said,
" Oh don't be! Everything is fine! "