E1M5: SCP Foundation Pt1

"It's only natural to imitate success. Throughout video game history, there are countless examples of clones: shameless mimics that ride aboard the coattails of others. Call it inspiration, an homage, or just a plain ripoff: no good idea goes without a few retreads. On rare occasions, a game's influence will be such that it won't just inspire a few imitations, but forge an entirely new genre.

'DOOM' is a massively important step in the development of 3D action games, one that defined the first person shooter, and changed gaming forever."

-Stuart "Ahoy" Brown.

==========================

Incident DM1-5

"So has re-containment been accomplished for the surviving SCPs?"

"Yes, sir."

"And what of the anomaly?"

"Gone, he was nowhere to be found after the incident."

"Was the security footage recovered?"

"Most of it was barely intact when we recovered it, but it works."

"Play it."

__________________________

Audio interview Log DM1-5-1

Interviewer: Dr. ███
Interviewed: Agent Ulgrin

<Begin Log>

[Dr. ███ calmly sits across from Agent Ulgrin, who was rubbing his casted right hand]

Dr. ███: Can you start from the beginning, please?

Agent Ulgrin: let's see, uh... I was escorting some pipsqueak D-Class to the peanut's containment chamber before the shit hit the fan.

Dr. ███: Please elaborate. The... peanut?

Agent Ulgrin: Yeah. You know, the statue, 173?

Dr. ███: I see. Please refer the SCPs by their designated numbers for this interview, here on out.

Agent Ulgrin: Right, right. Anyway, after that, I was about to leave and head to the cafeteria for some pizza... but that was when the sirens went off.

Dr. ███: Can you describe your actions directly after the containment breach?

Agent Ulgrin: Yeah. I went to the lower office outside of 173's chamber and came across Security Chief Franklin. Dude saved my ass when he warned me to turn around, and saw 173 behind me. I had my gun on it as we glued our eyes on it while backing away from the office. We planned on wasting no time to escape the facility and regroup with the others, but then...

Dr. ███: But then?

[Agent Ulgrin rubbed his casted right hand with an agitated expression]

Agent Ulgrin: That was when it showed up...

<End Log>

__________________________

The Doom Slayer stepped out of the red portal before it dispersed, finding himself in an office with no one inside. Loud sirens blared, followed by a male's voice alerting everyone through the intercom.