E1M2: Aliens Pt2

"And in his conquest against the blackened souls of the doomed, his prowess was shown. In his crusade, the Seraphim bestowed upon him terrible power and speed, and with his might he crushed the obsidian pillars of the Blood Temples. He set forth without pity upon the beasts of the nine circles. Unbreakable, incorruptible, unyielding, the Doom Slayer sought to end the dominion of the dark realm."

-Slayer's Testament III

==========================

"...Oh fuck," was all Hudson can say as he laid underneath the catwalk. His jaws dropped and eyes stared in awe at the sight of the man who saved his life. Advanced, green armor covered the stranger's body except for the exposed areas in his arms that revealed his massive biceps, a retracted blade attached to his left gauntlet, and what seemed to be a cannon on his left shoulder. The armor was nothing like he had ever seen before.

But the most captivating part for Hudson that froze him in fear was that he could see what's on the other side of the helmet's blue visor. Those glaring eyes were full of rage and malice, and they were assessing him.

The Doom Slayer dropped the alien's tail after gazing at Hudson. The marine's eyes widen when he bent over and hoisted him out of the catwalk, and getting him back on his feet. "Gah!"

Hudson stumbled from his legs feeling like jelly after facing a near death experience, but was able to recover and stand himself up. He lifted his head up after taking a breather, noticing the Slayer walking down the hallway.

Hudson looked around to see if more of these creatures were around, thankfully there were none. But that didn't mean they wouldn't show up at any time. He would be all by himself if more of them decided to show up. He grimaced at the thought of being mauled by one of them, or being cocooned like the rest of the colony to spawn more of them. And if that didn't kill him, then he would be vaporized when the facility self-destructed. He knew the clock was ticking.

Hudson looked down the hole where he was pulled out of to see his pulse rifle he was holding onto, and bent over to quickly pick it up. "Hey, wait up!" Without any hesitation, Hudson ran down the hallway with rifle in hand to catch up with his savior.

The Doom Slayer casually walked down the hallway as he pulled up the automap on his HUD to guide him through the facility. A white dot appeared on the map and was closing him on his position. He turned around to see Hudson running down the hallway to catch up with him.

"Hold up!" The Slayer waited as he watch Hudson made it and stopped to catch his breath. "We need to- we need to regroup with the others to... escape this hellhole before it blows up sky high, man!" Hudson explained as he was catching his breath.

The Slayer stood motionless as he stared down at Hudson with his gazing eyes to study him more, and raised an eyebrow from his attire. Guessing from the uniform, he was obviously a marine, which somewhat gained some respect from the Slayer, especially since he is here to fight aliens.

His HUD was then updated with a new objective.

OBJECTIVE: FIND SURVIVORS AND HELP THEM ESCAPE LV-426.

The Slayer reached his hand behind and pulled out a weapon seemingly out of nowhere.