E1M4: Aliens Pt4

"None could stand before the horde but the Doom Slayer. Despair spread before him like a plague, striking fear into the shadow-dwellers, driving them to deeper and darker pits. But from the depths of the abyss rose The Great One, a champion mightier than all who had come before. The Titan, of immeasurable power and ferocity. He strode upon the plain and faced the Doom Slayer, and a mighty battle was fought on the desolate plains. The Titan fought with the fury of the countless that had fallen at the Doom Slayer's hand, but there fell the Titan, and in his defeat the shadow horde were routed."

-Slayer's Testament V

==========================

The group stared with wide eyes at the alien Queen after watching it tear bishop in half. Ripley, Hudson, and Newt couldn't take their eyes off the massive beast, almost hypnotized... terrified to make a run for it. It was like they were in a room with a Tyrannosaurus Rex, one that was very pissed off and bled acid.

The Doom Slayer on the other hand, balled up his fist in anger after watching her tear the android in half. He wanted to tear this beast apart with his bear hands. But he knew he would have to refrain himself from doing so, due to the likelihood of the others getting hurt from his chaotic actions.

Ripley's eye shifted upward at its crest-shaped head, where a large chunk of it was missing thanks to the Doom Slayer firing his Ballista with a direct hit. It was going to take a lot more firepower to take down the beast.

She motioned for the others with her hand. "Go. Move."

On command, scooped up Newt and moved backwards. The Queen saw them and let out a hiss. Ripley was about to wave her arms to use herself as a decoy, but was interrupted by a loud gunshot that made everyone jump.

"KR-THOOM!!!"

Everyone, including the Queen, turned their heads to the source of the loud gunshot. The Doom Slayer was pointing his Super Shotgun up to the roof, with Grotesque streams of smoke danced up from the barrels, which shocked Ripley when she couldn't recall of seeing him carrying the weapon on his person, almost as if it appeared out of nowhere.

The Queen hissed when she recognized the man in green armor. Her open jaws were filled with long, sharp, translucent teeth with Drool dripping from her open maw. She remembered when he devastated the hive, destroying her eggs, killing her soldiers, and her humiliation. The Queen disregarded the other humans, looming in front of the man that stood in defiance. She stood sideways on the landing strut, ready to attack the Slayer.

The others watched as the scene unfolded before them. They saw the Doom Slayer unfazed by the Queen's intimidating appearance and height. His body temperature started to climb when he balled up fists. It was enough to show the brutal efficiency and ruthlessness demeanor, fueled by the infinite rage burning inside of him.

"...He's got this," Ripley said to Hudson and Newt.

And with that, Ripley, Newt, and Hudson took their chance to escape, retrieving Bishop's upper half, and taking shelter in a cargo bay. The cargo bay door closed, leaving the drop-bay with the Doom Slayer and the alien Queen in a standoff.

"Kr-chk."