E1M3: Aliens Pt3

"The age of his reckoning was uncounted. The scribes carved his name deep in the tablets of Hell across eons, and each battle etched terror in the hearts of the demons. They knew he would come, as he always had, as he always will, to feast on the blood of the wicked. For he alone could draw strength from his fallen foes, and ever his power grew, swift and unrelenting."

-Slayer's Testament IV

==========================

Ripley, Newt, and Hudson couldn't move, they just stared up at the large creature before them. The Queen was 10 times the size of her children, maybe even more. Hudson was scared out of his mind at the sight of it. But now was not the time for dread.

The Queen took deep, heavy breaths and raised its head, taking in the 4 forms before it. Her head was lowered from its shell, slime and drool leaked out from its maw as it hissed at them in a threatening manner.

"Holy..." Hudson couldn't take his eyes off from the Queen. "That's a huge bitch."

The hissing had drawn the warriors into the chamber and were ready to strike at the 4. The Doom Slayer slowly raised his Pulse Rifle, but Ripley brought a hand to it while letting Newt slide to the ground and to get a better grip on her hybrid gun. She knew he was a violent individual, and didn't want him to do anything drastic, yet.

Instead, she had an idea of her own that could just perhaps, guy them enough time to escape. She unleashed a fiery blast from her flamethrower that knocked Hudson out from his trance as the Queen's ear-piercing screech hurt his ears.

Ripley, Hudson and the Doom Slayer pointed their weapons at the eggs closest to them, to which the Queen got the point. Her hissing commanded the alien warriors to back off from the 4, not wanting the eggs to be harmed.

"Let's get the fuck outta here, guys," Hudson said as the three had Newt pinned between them, slowly backing away.

"Not yet, Hudson," Ripley told him. "Just one more thing."

Ripley glanced over at the Doom Slayer, his hand gripped tighter on the pulse rifle with his blood boiling. "We need to go. They're gonna get blown up, anyway."

Ripley remained silent as she stared at the Queen with malice for a moment. "For the others, Hudson." She felt like she wanted to cry for everyone that had their lives taken from these vile creatures. This was on a personal level.

Without any second thought, the Doom Slayer was happy oblige by switching his pulse rifle for the Smartgun, and opened fire on the eggs.

The three began to open fire, flames burning through the eggs, and bullets tearing through them. The Queen began to shriek again, her arms flailed in horror as she watched the sight of her eggs burning into ashes.