Chapter Eleven

My eyes shift anxiously from my cell door to the top of the cement stairs in which the door to freedom lays.

Freedom

A foreign concept to me. Even though I did have freedom with my old pack, I always felt as if I was trapped. I could never talk to anyone about what had happened to my parents. My parents said it was dangerous and I could never mention their names. I of course, never questioned their antics. I was always a good little girl, but now I question myself. Did I really  know my parents?

I shake the questions out of my head. Of course I love my parents, we tell each other everything. Xander is putting unwanted thoughts in my head, yet another reason to get out of here. I stare at my cell door completely helplessly, I need to escape. My mate will never love me, and will continue to hurt me. For he isn't just any werewolf, he is a monster. A monster that will forever hurt me and hurt the ones surrounding him. He is not capable of loving.

I need to get out of here, I need to warn my parents.

Xander had mentioned me luring my parents in, they have to be close for that to happen right? They have to be looking for me! My parents were always the best at hiding, they could make it seem they were never there. And that is why Xander wants to use me to lure them in, I need to get out of here and warn them to run, and to never come back.

With new determination, I begin to push myself off the ground with my arms. My arms quickly collapses beneath me and a hiss escapes my mouth. I look at the floor right under my nose, and take a deep breathe.

  "I can do this," I mumbled to myself. I begin to raise my body up once more with shaky hands and arms, my being screams in the process. The cuts on my stomach were trying to heal, but I didn't have time to wait for that. I don't have time for anything, Xander will be back down here soon.

After a few minutes I finally reach the sitting position. Blood begins to slowly ooze out of my cuts. I ignore the pain, I must be strong now. I bring my hand up and wipe the sweat beating on my forehead.

I place my hands on either side of me and wobbly push myself up. I bite my lip to hold back a scream. It feels as if I am being stabbed over and over again. My legs begin to wobble, and I begin to feel afraid my knees will give out. I put my arms out as if to balance myself.

I look around my cell, looking for anything that will help me escape. My shackles clang together and then I realized I was wearing shackles.

I almost groan, but refrain myself. I don't need anybody coming down here, even at the slightest noise. I then praise the Moon Goddess, for not being fed for a couple days made my even bonier. I may be able to slide out.

I slowly shuffle to the wall and lean on it. I bring my leg up and examine the shackle placed on my ankle. Piece of cake, it looks really lose and I could easily slip out of them.

The ball of my foot was the hardest to get out, but I managed to get out of both of them within five minutes. I push myself off the wall and limp to the cell door.