Chapter Twelve

What about my parents?

I stare at Alpha Xander in disbelief. I shake my head mumbling 'no' over and over again. My parents are not monsters, Xander is. He took everything away from me, he has killed millions and he dares to call my parents monsters?

"I guess your 'parents' have been hiding some very important information about you, Arabella," Xander says and emphasizing the word "parents". I stare at him in perplex and disbelief. I then look over to my parents and try to meet their gaze, try to see if they know anything in which he talks about. My parents avoid my gaze and look at their feet, they are no longer struggling in the arms of the men that restrain them. It is like they surrender, like they accept defeat.

"My-my parents are not the monsters here, you- you are," I whisper unconfidently. I switch my gaze back to Xander. My blue eyes bore into Xander's green depths searching for an answer.

Xander licks his dry lips, and cackles. The cackle had my frame shaking in the Beta's muscular arms. Xander takes a step in my direction. I struggle to break free,but the Beta just grips even tighter.

Xander continues to take steps towards me until he is right in front of my petite frame. I avoid eye contact and look at my feet. My body has stopped struggling, for I am frozen with fear.

I can tell Xander is hovering me, for his shadow looms over my body. The forest is now silent, not a tweet or a rustle of leaves. Deadly silent, just like the monster in front of me.

"That is where you are wrong sweet, little innocent Arabella," Xander then grabs a piece of my black hair. I peer up at him from under my wet lashes, my eyes filled with one emotion; hatred.

Xander doesn't react to my hatred, his smile just widens. He is not my mate, my mate could never be this evil.

Xander then starts to twirl my hair around his fingers. Then all of the sudden he grabs a fist full of my hair and yanks my head backwards. I screech escapes me and tears fall down my face.

"Do you know what happens to sweet and innocent people Arabella?" Xander questions. I ignore him, and start struggling to get out of the Beta's arms so I can rip Xander's hand of my hair.

"Answer me!" My mate roars. I automatically stop struggling, his voice putting me into submission.

"N-no," I whimper. My eyes are sealed shut, awaiting the pain that is to come.

"Sweet and innocent people don't survive it in this world," His warm breath hits my ear. I squeeze my eyes shut even harder.

"P-please don't hurt me! I didn't do anything to you!" I beg, fearing for my life and my parent's lives.

"Oh Arabella, it's not what you did." Xander cackles, "It's what your parents did."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! I am sooooo sooooo sorry for the late update! I hoped you like the chapter!

VOTE & COMMENT

I'd also like to thank everyone for supporting me in my last author's note! I really appreciate it! Thank you!!!!

Remember I read every single comment everyone posts so if you guys want to suggest anything for my story I'm all ears! Thank you!!!