iv. dinner dates

SAUDI ARABIA, 23RD MARCH 2022

MARLA YAWNED LOUDLY as her and phoebe made their way up to their hotel room

MARLA YAWNED LOUDLY as her and phoebe made their way up to their hotel room. despite marla having a few days of being at home after bahrain she was still feeling the effects of the jet lag. she was quietly cursing herself for not just going straight to jeddah but she was a homebody.

"i can't wait to shower," phoebe muttered leaning against the elevator wall. "i need a nap," marla replied getting a tired hum in response. "i think i've got time for one, we're meeting everyone at like eight i think," she spoke out loud but it was mostly to herself with phoebe clearly too tired to care.

the pair dumped their suitcases at the far side of the room, phoebe headed towards the bathroom while marla practically fell into bed. the alonso could sleep anywhere, even if the sun was shining or it was the loudest place - marla would find a spot to snooze. marla sprawled out, discarding her phone and pulling the covers over she was quick to fall asleep.

MARLA DIDN'T KNOW what time she had fallen asleep at but when she woke up, phoebe was practically ready for their night out. marla groaned as she stretched her tired limbs, "what time is it?" she mumbled into the pillow. "just after seven," phoebe announced as she fixed her hair in the mirror.

"fuck, i need to get up," the aussie groaned sitting up, her brunette hair looking wild from her cat nap. "max has phoned you like three times by the way," her friend pointed to her phone which was face down on the mattress. marla opened her phone to see the missed calls, and few texts from carlos and lando.

imessage

maxie + mar
18:34

maxie
are you alive? we're coming
to get you soon
maxie
i assume you're sleeping but you better wake up

19:12

mar
i'm up and awake
mar
will be ready in 20ish minutes

imessage

lando 🫡 + marla
19:03

lando🫡
i know you're sleeping but i'd
get up soon
lando🫡
you're favourite australian is coming

19:13

marla
omg can't believe you got my dad
to come