xix. surprise

FRANCE, 24TH JULY 2022

marlawebber added to their story!
14:18

"HOW WAS YOUR NIGHT THEN?" sebastian asked, digging his fork into the pasta

"HOW WAS YOUR NIGHT THEN?" sebastian asked, digging his fork into the pasta. marla smiled widely "it was really nice, shame you couldn't make it but kimi phoned and said he'll visit soon and we can have a reunion,"

"i'm glad kiddo, what about you daniel then? finally ready to tell me?" he questioned with a smirk watching the way marla's cheeks turned a shade of pink at the mention of the mclaren driver.

"we're just having fun, i think we both feel the same but too scared to say anything," she shrugged, sebastian hummed with a smile, "he's probably just waiting for the right time,"

clearing his throat looking slightly more nervous. "so i actually have to tell you something," sebastian said, watching marla gently place her fork down, eyebrows furrowed. "i'm retiring at the end of this season,"

marla's eyes widened, her mouth opening waiting for words to come out but she didn't know what to say. "i've thought about it more recently, i don't want to miss anymore of my kids lives, it just feels like the right time,"

when kimi retired, marla found out from the press which caused her to not speak to the finnish driver for a few days until he eventually managed a few races before abu dhabi. this was different though, she had grown up with sebastian around, he was like her mentor this season, the thought of not having her uncle on the grid next year filled her with dread.

"i understand, thanks for telling me before you announce it," she said, grasping his hand tightly that rested on top of the table. "i had to, you've never let kimi live that down," sebastian joked, squeezing her hand slightly. a smile pulled at her lips, rolling her eyes.

"well if i even have a seat next year you better come and support," she hummed with a pointed look. seb sighed, "red bull would be stupid not to sign you again," marla shrugged, her future weighed heavy on her shoulders, the uncertainty brought a different type of anxiety.

"just can't believe your leaving me with fernando," marla joked, quickly changing the subject back to sebastian. he know what she was doing, he had known marla long enough that she deflected anything that she was ignoring. "you'll need to tell my dad as well,"

WHEN MARLA ARRIVED BACK TO her hotel she was met with daniel in the lobby, smiling widely at the girl. "just the girl i wanted to see," he said pulling the girl into an embrace. marla hummed, eyeing his suspiciously "what do you want ricciardo?" she mumbled. daniel laughed, his arm moving so it was around her shoulders as they walked towards the elevators.

"uhm well, i think we've gotten closer over this season and.. i wanted to ask you on a date," he spoke, the confidence wearing away slightly but marla couldn't help the grin that began to show. like an excited teenager, she felt all giddy inside. "and i think it's time we stop pretending that we're just friends," he murmured, his hand sliding around her waist as they entered the empty elevator.

marla peered up to daniel, her mouth opening slightly as she tried to fight the smile forming but stayed quiet for probably a moment too long for the impatient mclaren driver. she enjoyed watching him squirm in anticipation. "are you just going to leave me hanging?" he laughed loudly, an eager smile on his face. a small giggle escaped marla's lips as daniel brought her closer, trailing kisses down her neck before nibbling slightly on her ear.

"yes, okay we'll go on a date," she squealed pushing the australian away. the pair grinned widely to one another, and all daniel could say was "awesome,"

marlawebber added to their story!
22:05

marlawebber added to their story!22:05

phoebewills replied to your story!

phoebewills
poor daniel being forced to watch greys

phoebewills
he loves it and how do you know he's with me?

phoebewills
gurl be so real rn
phoebewills
you're always together now 🤭

marlawebber
not always..
marlawebber
we are going on a date soon tho 🤪

phoebewills
WHAT? WHEN?? TELL ME EVERYTHING!!

marlawebber
give me an hour then i'll facetime

phoebewills
MARLA! I CANT WAIT AN HOUR
phoebewills
PLS YOURE KILLING ME HERE