vi. week off

MONACO, MARCH 30TH 2022

AFTER SPENDING A DAY in the uk with her family, marla travelled to monaco once again

AFTER SPENDING A DAY in the uk with her family, marla travelled to monaco once again. she had invited  phoebe to join her in her relaxation before the next grand prix and they happily agreed. it also meant that marla could crash max's plans with daniel if she didn't feel like third wheeling charles and phoebe who had been getting closer as the weeks went on.

marla made herself comfortable in her room, which had not been tidied since she had left for jeddah. her suitcase open with half of her apparel she had packed littering the floor. phoebe on the other hand, kept her side tidy, using the spare drawers to unpack. "god you make me look like an animal compared to you," marla grumbled from her spot on the bed.

phoebe chuckled, "that's cause you are," marla just smiled, her gaze focused on her phone. "well i'm sure a certain aussie driver wouldn't mind the messy room," phoebe smirked, watching how marla paused in her scrolling, trying to hide the smile that was making its way onto her lips. marla didn't say a word instead she chose to play her tiktok on full volume. "such a child," phoebe muttered to herself before going back to unpacking.

max arrived to marla's apartment around dinner time and the trio decided to have a chilled out evening rather than throw themselves into the party life of monaco. no doubt that they would at one point during the week but it was clear that marla and max were exhausted from the beginning of the season already. having to race in two of the hottest tracks and adjust to the constant jet lag again it was a lot.

"what an unprofessional hospital, no wonder so many people die," max moaned at the television, the two girl's shushing him. marla hadn't had much time to catch up on anything so her week off was perfect time to binge watch 'grey's anatomy' for the third time. phoebe was curled up, her head resting on marla's lap while max sat on the other side of the pair clearly unimpressed. "give it a few episodes and you'll love it," phoebe hummed.

"MAX! I SWEAR TO GOD!" marla shouted as her teammate got closer. she backed up closer to the edge of the yacht, while the others watched them play around. max had been threatening to push her overboard since they arrived.

what the brunette didn't see was daniel getting closer, quickly wrapping an arm around her waist as she hit the edge of the boat. he was quick to pull her over. she let out a loud yelp, grasping onto daniel's arm tightly as they hit the cold water. she gasped after swimming up to the top, she ran a hand through her soaking hair trying to move the damp strands away from her eyes, that were staring at daniel who had a large grin on his face.

marla couldn't help but laugh her hands moving to grasp his forearms as they kept afloat in the water. "you two planned that," she said through her laugh. daniel faked a hurt look, "we would never!" causing the pair to laugh together.