xiv. recovery

MONACO, 31ST MAY 2022

A LOUD RANG INTERRUPTED marla's sleep, she groaned at the sound piercing her ears

A LOUD RANG INTERRUPTED marla's sleep, she groaned at the sound piercing her ears. she turned round trying to move to turn it off but a tight grip around her waist was stopping her. "daniel, danny, daniel!" she repeated as she fought his grip to reach over but he just pressed his face into her neck. it was jack phoning her which is not what she wanted at half nine in the morning with a hangover brewing.

"jack it's too early," she muttered down the line. "i know and i'm sorry but first things first you're booked for jimmy fallon this week before baku," he began, an excited gasp from marla. "and secondly there's rumours of a new team joining the grid but i'll give you more info when you're alive," jack finished up, "this is a good thing though marla,"

"this could've been a text, i thought this was something bad," she grumbled, settling back into her spot of the bed. "jimmy fallon is a big deal but anyway i'll leave you to it okay? you better pack properly,"

"also careful when leaving a club, people have phones and take lots of pictures," he added at the end, sounding like a stern dad but marla was barely listening as she muttered a string of goodbyes.

soon the realisation of her current situation hit her. she was lying in her bed half naked with daniel spooning her who was also half naked. her eyes wide she stared at the curly haired man for a few moments the events of the night replaying.

"was i really that bad?" daniel mumbled half asleep. her brows furrowed further, "you were frowning," marla's eyes quickly left daniel as she sat up with a groan, "i was just thinking," she retorted wrapping her sheet around her torso. he traced patterns on her bareback, causing shivers to run down her spine as he did. "about me? i do have that effect on people," daniel hummed with a sly smirk.

she giggled rolling her eyes, "you wish pretty boy," she muttered back, rubbing her temples as a headache began to set in. "do you have any painkillers?" he asked moving out of bed and slipping his boxers back on. she frowned at the lack of warmth now that he had left but his concern made the butterflies return. "bathroom cupboard," she said with a smile, muttering a thank you watching him walk off.

she grabbed her baggy shirt from the floor, slipping it on quickly before daniel returned with a two glasses of water and a packet of pills in hand.

there was an unspoken tension that they could feel, they had crossed a boundary last night and now they needed to figure out what they're relationship was now. it made her stomach churn at the thought of it all. instead she was going to ignore it until it had to be said, it was the only way she was going to get through the rest of the season with the mclaren driver now.

"how about some breakfast?" she asked, running a hand through her messy mane, her feet padded against the hardwood flooring towards her kitchen. daniel followed her through, she moved quickly setting out plates for the both of them "make yourself comfortable," she hummed with a smile, noticing the way he stood awkwardly at the counter.

"i'll make the coffee," daniel said, his hands finding her waist as he manoeuvred around her. he gave her sides a soft squeeze, before sorting out the coffee. marla suddenly felt very domestic, the total opposite of what her life was usually like due to her career, but she enjoyed it. the quiet of the morning was nicer with someone with her, watching her potter about the kitchen.

marlawebber added to her story!
10:47

marlawebber added to her story!10:47

phoebewills replied!

phoebewills
is that two plates i see? 👀

marlawebber
well done sherlock

phoebewills
so... anything fun happen
last night?

marlawebber
a debrief is required i fear

phoebewills
when is mr ricciardo leaving? i'll
come round

marlawebber
unsure, told him to stay another night

phoebewills
scandal! charles will love this

marlawebber
i will kill you in your sleep
if you tell charles
marlawebber
he is the biggest gossip

phoebewills
jokes i wouldn't, well i leave for
america in a few days so
let me know when we can have our debrief

marlawebber
i'm leaving for jimmy fallon maybe
we can travel together if
everything works out's

phoebewills
amaze, right gtg annoy charles love you,
use protection pls

marlawebber
same to you babe

🔒 nepobaby just posted!
14:38

10mins ago

liked by norizz, oscahhp and 17 others

nepobaby so hungover, will be taking no questions of last nights events 🫣

view all 23 comments

phoebs  gurl
nepobaby i'm truly slaying

lordpercival why is it always me?!
nepobaby cause i love you

russell_george what have i missed?
nepobaby  no comment

cowboydan  😏
nepobaby enough!