ix. the ranch

PERTH, 12TH APRIL 2022

AFTER FIGHTING OFF A god awful hangover, marla travelled to perth with max to stay with daniel for a few more days before their schedulesbecame busier as the season progressed

became busier as the season progressed.

with sunglasses on, she tried to sooth her lasting headache as she max drove them to daniel's home. lando was already there along with daniel's friends scotty and michael. she wondered if clementine would be there as well, marla would feel better having another female kicking around after being surrounded by men constantly but she would survive either way.

"are you actually still hungover?" max chuckled, glancing at his teammate. marla groaned slightly, red bull parties was something marla was not yet used too and it didn't help that her mechanics decided that plying her with tequila shots was the best idea. "no... maybe a little, this headache is just lingering," she uttered massaging her temples ever so slightly.

another half an hour on the road the pair finally arrived around dinner time. marla hauled her suitcase down the dirt road, taking in her surroundings. "it's nice here no?" max hummed nudging her gently. the webber girl just nodded, wanting to get inside and explore a little.

daniel opened the door, his usual cheshire grin beaming at the teammates, more so at the webber. his eyes travelled the length of her, her slender legs barely covered in her nike shorts and her arms flexing as she dragged her suitcase. "you recovered then?" he chuckled, running down to meet the pair. his hands brushed hers as he took the suitcase off her with marla muttering a thanks. "barely recovered! she slept the whole way here basically," max said with a smirk. marla in return gave him a quick shove as they walked up the porch stairs.

lando greeted marla with a tight hug before she moved on to introduce herself to scotty and michael - daniel's personal trainer and friend. clementine was missing like marla had figured, she wanted to talk to her more maybe squeeze some information about daniel out of her, but maybe another occasion would arise.

"i've only got two spare rooms so you can take my bed and i'll sleep on the couch," daniel explained once he had been able to snatch marla away from scotty - who had been chatting her ear off after hearing daniel go on and on about her for the past few weeks. max and lando were busy chatting away while michael began to make dinner for the group. "don't be silly, i'll take the couch this is your home," marla waved her hand. "nonsense you're my guest, and the best looking one out them all," he hummed causing her to stutter.

michael watched amused as the pair bickered back and forth about who slept where until max decided that he had heard enough from them - "why don't you two just share? i'm sure daniel has a big enough bed then we're all comfortable yes?" marla's mouth dropped and for once daniel was quiet. the anxious pit in her stomach she felt when daniel was near came back as she seen him move on his feet from the side of her view. "okay," she spoke softly before turning on her feet moving to sit next to lando who was fighting a laugh while daniel went to help michael and scotty.