Chapter Fifteen: Lafew

When they crossed over the ley line, the first thing Lafew noticed was that his cut had stopped bleeding. It was shallower, though it still hurt almost as much as it used to.

"I used some of this healing salve when you passed out," Celia explained to him. "Courtesy of..."

"Your father, yes, we know," Tranio interjected.

Tiffany hadn't been lying about one thing. There was a huge building in the distance, and it looked like a library.

At the entrance, there was a man who asked, "Password?"

"Better is peace than ever war," Tiffany replied, quoting a famous scholar of the Noblesse, the Malory who became famous for publishing a very fictionalised event of Arthur's life.

The door opened.

"There are already other scholars inside," the man said. "But then again, you must know them."

When they were walking the aisle, Lafew finally asked, "What place is this?"

"Kareninish Lodge," Tiffany replied in a happy hum. "It was founded by John Kareninish as a magical library on the ley lines that only a few have access to."

"And how did you get your access?" Tranio asked, but his voice died in his throat.

When the group stepped inside the biggest room in the library, a circular room with strange little objects on the shelves and a mega screen, they all recognized the faces of the people sitting there. 

Well, Lafew only recognized Romeo, Claudio and a few others, but it didn't mean he didn't know it was the Rebellion.

Tiffany had wanted to bring him to a Rebellion reunion, and he unknowingly brought Tranio and Celia there.

He was only hoping Ralph and Viola wouldn't really come looking for them with Gratiano and Ursula.

"It was a trap," Lafew hissed. "One of you was the one who killed Tybalt! Confess!"

Romeo, who was about to turn on the megascreen, looked at Lafew with his lips pursed. "We have no idea what you're talking about."

Lafew felt Tranio's unsteady breath on my neck.

One more thing he'd never forgive himself for --- he had handed the Seer over to his family. Now they knew he was with Lafew, that he was on the True King's side.

"What do you mean you have no idea?" Lafew snarled. "Your rank is so low you've never even heard of it?"

"I can assure you, Merman," Claudio said, looking at his son distastefully. "That, even though it is a nice coincidence to have you here, we had no idea you'd barge in on us like that."

They really looked incredulous. Lafew tried to fight the panic that was fighting inside of him.

"You're lying!" he shouted. 

"We're more surprised than even you are," Cordelia said. "The Kareninish Lodge? We have access thanks to Driscoll. Do you know this was the place where John asked his followers to study and research while he could change the world? We often use it, too. What are you doing here?"

"Why, isn't Tiffany one of you?"

"Tiffany? Who's that? Stop making a fool of yourself, Merman. But it really is, a nice coincidence," Claudio drawled in a voice that was similar to his son's. "Because you see, you'd like what we were about to see on the screen."

"I have an idea!" Cordelia shrieked. "Romeo can text his little brother where Lafew his and what's the password for the Lodge. We will change it, but in the meantime we can take them all on!"