Chapter 4: The Tower

A/N: Hi again, enjoy

TW: Needles and talk of abandonment 

Nerrezza's POV

As I continued to sit up and Lucian held me down Kara looked at me and the fear settled down on my face, Lucian and Alex were talking about what needed to be done. Alex said she told the others to be there and to have the Med-bay ready, that's when my fear really set in, so much fear filled me that the moment Lucian's hand lifted just off me I teleported, not far, just to the roof. Once I was up there I hid behind a big box thing and curled up as tears spilled down my face and pain radiated across my whole body, causing small whimpers and whines to come out of me.

I heard yelling and more voices. I knew Kara's, Lucian's, and Alex's but the others I couldn't place. I didn't move, and to be honest I don't think I could if I tried anymore. I regretted leaving now, knowing that Lucian's plan would help, but my fear of how that would happen was stronger than my logic.

"Nerezza! Are you up here?" I heard the voice from behind me, I couldn't make a noise to tell them, even if I really wanted to, everything was hurting too much. I let out a louder whimper this time. I heard the voice and footsteps get closer to me before they stopped, my eyes were closed so I didn't know if they had found me. "She's up here guys but we might need more help, she's shoved herself into this small space where I would hurt her more if I tried alone."

I soon heard the door of the roof open and more people walked over to me. I felt Kara's hand on my leg, letting me know she was here and it be honest it comforted me a lot.

"Nezza, can you move at all." Lucian's voice was near my head, I didn't answer but he knew the answer was no, the small whimpers and whines that were streaming out of me was enough to tell him what he needed to know. "Yeah she can't move, so we are going to have to either, lift her over this, or somehow slide her out."

"Sliding her will be easier but it might not be the most comfortable on her body, we can try lifting her but moving her that much to get her through that gap would be worse." I heard Kara's voice speak sounding more serious than before but still holding that gentle tone I have been hearing all day now. "Ok, Alex come here next to her head and pull with Lucian, while I push her feet from here."

Next thing I know I am in someone's arms and my body feels worse than before, I bury my head into the person's neck and I realize it's Kara who's holding me. I feel the wind around me for a few seconds before it's gone, soon I feel myself being laid down on a bed of some kind and Kara's hand holding mine.

"It's ok Nezza, they will help I promise, no one will hurt you while I am here." She whispered to me as I heard people's footsteps come closer to me. "Alex please be gentle I know we have had our problems but please for me don't be mean."

"I won't Kara, but when she is better we are going to question her. Ok." There was no answer after that but I heard more movement around me.

"Here give her these, This one will help the pain and this will help her sleep, but when you give it to her you will have to hold her still as she hates how it feels going in and it has to go in slowly." I soon felt arms go across my body gently putting pressure on me so I couldn't move, and I felt a needle slowly pierce my skin, and with that came the feeling of slime crawling through my skin. I tried to move away but the arms across me stopped that.

"Hey it's almost over, you have to stay still, I'm sorry." I heard Kara whisper into my ear, and I listened to her. I stopped moving, I still whined at the feeling but I didn't move. It ended soon like she said too and I felt myself fall into a peaceful full sleep.

3rd Person POV

Once Nerezza fully relaxed into the bed Kara lifted her hands and sat down as Alex moved to put everything away. The rest were out in the main room talking to Lucian, Alex soon left the room to leave Kara to sit with the girl on the bed. As Kara sat there in the peaceful silence the only other noise she could hear was the heart rate monitor telling her that the girl was ok.

"I am so sorry that you thought I hated you, I don't, I want to protect you, from everything, even your own mind," Kara whispers to the girl who makes no move that she had heard as she was sedated, but that brought Kara comfort, she didn't know what she would do if Nerezza knew her secret.

But Nerezza heard the whisper in her head it was quiet but it still gave her butterflies.

"Kara, I know you want to stay here with her but Lucian just gave us some pretty big news you would want to hear." Alex's head pops in the room and Kara looks to Nerezza before standing up to leave, though she didn't plan on being very long.

"Ok, what's the big news," Kara asked once she was sat in a chair around the table.

"Nerezza is a Goddess, the Goddess of Power and Nature to be specific, she was sent here when she was just old enough to pass as an adult here on earth but for a god that is still really young, her mom was against the whole thing, so was Persephone and Hades, but everyone other then they thought she was cursed, that's why her name is Nerezza, it means Darkness. She's not cursed and she wants to go home sometimes but she can call on her mother and the other two sometimes but only she can see them. Thing after she does that she can become depressed as she knows that she will never be able to see their physical form again." Kara's jaw dropped as she looked back to the room with the girl she wanted to protect, all she thought was why would her family hate her, Kara knew she couldn't even after what said girl thinks.